putting thoughts in head

U

unique86

hi does anyone else have this?
I keep feeling like someone is controlling my mind
I think about things that don't feel like my thoughts such as self harm and worse.
images that come in my head with urges.
don't know what this is.

C

Crazy Lady In Stanton

Hi, unique, I think what you are experiencing is a common thing with certain types of mental illness. You should definitely talk to a doctor about this.

U

unique86

im seeing my psychiatrist on Wednesday
I am diagnosed with bpd but he was gonna talk to the mental health team about me to make sure the diagnosis is correct due to new symptoms and worsening of others.
what mental illness do you mean?

Boris

Boris

hi does anyone else have this?
I keep feeling like someone is controlling my mind
I think about things that don't feel like my thoughts such as self harm and worse.
images that come in my head with urges.
don't know what this is.
Are you able to dismiss them, rise above it? Take control ;)

U

unique86

it is like a huge urge to do them but I ignore
I just worry incase I get worse

N

notrealname

It could be a manifestation of anxiety? It depends how you experience it. When I had severe anxiety I would have repeated unwanted thoughts of suicide and I could feel myself "convincing myself" into it, but I really didn't want to do it. I was freaked out because I thought that other part of me might be able to take control and that it would kill me. But the thoughts and sense of compulsion were caused by the fact I really didn't want to do it....if that makes sense....like 'don't think of pink elephants', but a lot more distressing!

And I have definitely had thoughts/feelings I have felt were not my own before, and when I have fought against thoughts/feelings I have found unacceptable or did not consider valid, sometimes they just fight back and end up playing vividly in my head like watching a film and I can't stop it.

So maybe it is something like that. That's very common, actually. No matter what, I would just explain it to your psychiatrist and tell them it is something you're very concerned about. I'm sure they will be able to reassure you.

U

unique86

thanks but no I don't think its due to anxiety
I have had anxiety for years and nothing like this
plus my other symptoms aswell such as something believing my partner is going to kill me.
I have to take a nap a day due to cfs and fibro and he often as to go out because im so sure hes going to kill me when im in that frame of mind. its getting worse. my paranoia is much worse. I think they must all be connected. im worried the psychiatrist is going to say I have a form of schizophrenia