• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Put something off for a week till today, then it didn't matter

jajingna

jajingna

I put off going to the police station for a week, but it was bugging me the past few days. So I went there today, for the criminal background check stuff, but it is closed and not doing that now during the pandemic. Not sure why I procrastinated but was nervous about it. Now I don't know if I can get this damn thing done, trying to get a pardon for very old --25 years! -- petty crimes in my youth. Wish I took care of it years ago of course. Oh well.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I've never heard of that jajinga. I think here certain crimes do come off of a police check but actual police records i don't know if they ever disappear. Much is archived anyway. Why are you choosing to do this?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I just had a little read. Did you do something that was illegal then but is not illegal now?

T

TyFence

He means he wants it expunged from his record. Forgiven, forgotten. Kinda from someone else I know. ^^^

jajingna

jajingna

TyFence is correct. I got the proper form filled out and sent in to the station after all, so that's a step in the right direction. They are working in there even though the doors are locked.