• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Pushing someone i love away due to BPD

L

Luvvey63

I've been in a relationship with a guy for around 10 months. He literally doesnt have a bad bone in his body and I adore him. Yet I've kept pushing him and being nasty due to my own thoughts and issues. Then felt completely abandoned by him when he couldn't come see me the one day and flipped and ended it. I've regret it since. I believe he is the love of my life and I'm struggling on how to fix this. I cant cope with how I'm feeling and feel horrendous for being so horrible and pushing him away. How can I fix this and make him realise my BPD ways arent what I'm really feeling?

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
you will only have love if your willing to risk everything for it, to love it more then you love yourself, to melt into it and disappear.

T

TravelingSparrow

Are you in BPD treatment? Telling him u know u messed up and u don’t wanna react like that, so ur going to be in treatment during the relationship may be a good agreement for the relationship. BPD symptoms and reactions can get better with treatment and over time. It has a lot to do with awareness and being able to catch ur moods and thoughts before they get too big.

L

lemontree

What are the thoughts and issues that have made you push him away in the past? In the moment, can you recognise them for what they are, just thoughts? You don't need to tell me if you don't want but it's something to consider. Being able to recognise these things in the moment is difficult and being able to do opposite-action and not indulge in those thoughts is harder still - but doing this repeatedly does help and in time your brain settles down as you take back the control. I only say this because I have done the same and found it has helped me greatly in life, it takes time but you must remember that you can learn to take control of your thoughts rather than letting them control you. Thoughts only become a reality when we act on them - and though it's like trying not to scratch a burning itch, you have it in you to resist

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
O I’m about ready to give up on pushing for help Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
S Just had 2 outbursts at an office and keyworker( not my nice keyworker a different one) and someone at the office she works in. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
I I really need someone to calm me down. Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
L Can someone have quiet BPD, but it doesnt show up in the relationship until something traumatic occurs? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 7
U How do you react when someone pulling away Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
L How to tell when someone is joking or not/improve social cues ? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
H I'm in a relationship with someone with BPD... Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
C Can someone with BPD change? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 14
maggie0123 scared of someone dying Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
D Please please can someone help me, in distress Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 15
UnstableSolace How do I externally feel for someone? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
B How do you get someone to stop being your favourite person? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 9
H Someone might needs this today Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
Volbe [Advice Needed] Cutting ties with someone you care for because you know BPD will get in the way? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
S Any relatability to obsession without love? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 2
H Why do we hurt the ones we love the most Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 13
M Caring love not romantic love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 12
T Love and BPD Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
K I don't understand love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
B Getting over being in love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 6
M No more begging for love! Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3
L Love-Hate BPD Cycle With Boyfriend Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 19
M Love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 16
S Why do most people think those with BPD can't love? Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 32
trueloveseeker "BPD - Borderlines Don't Cant & Won't Love You or Attach To You" Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 17
trueloveseeker Love Relationships With Borderline Personality Disorder Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 18
B I just dont think relationships are for me as much as id love them to be Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 10
B Unconditional love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 11
T I don't think I'll ever find love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 17
S Finding love with BPD is hard Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
M sucks i fell in love with my roommate Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 1
D Love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 19
B I'm not in love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 8
Koi1971 Love Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 5