PureEPA

S

Sarahfacinguptothings

Not sure if Ive posted about this before, but Pure EPA seems to be having some benefit for me so thought Id share it with you. You need to take 2-4 caps/day & can buy online. It is abit expensive but normal cod liver oil even 1000mg day had no benefit apparently due to the balance of EPA & DHA.

Worth a try if anyone is looking for a combination of ways to combat their depression. :)

B

BP2

Thanks for the insight. I have read the book by Prof. Puri and have thought about raising the issue with my docs etc. Since the standard meds are not really working I think what have I got to lose. Good to hear others are trying it and with some success. Did you buy the tablets from VegEPA.com

B

BP2

PS. How long have you been taking EPA and how long before you started to feel any benefit? Are you also taking other meds?

S

Sarahfacinguptothings

No I bought it from mind1st.co.uk I bought 6 bottles for free postage as your supposed to have 2-4 a day anyway & they are only tiny bottles. Im not saying Im not longer depressed at all, but I do feel abit better taking these, compared to the holland & barret 1000mg cod liver oil i used to take. I am also on citalopram, but the reason I think they work is I started to feel abit better when taking them, then i forgot to take any for a day of two & felt not so good, but when i took them again felt abit better.

I definitely think its worth supplementing alongside your normal meds. I started taking it early July so about 5-6 weeks & I felt the benefit within a week but I started on 4 a day to get it kick started, then reduced down to 2 - purely due to cost mind, the higher dose would be more effective.

S

Sarahfacinguptothings

I've just had a look at vegEPA.com, & the mind first capsules have slightly more EPA & GLA in each capsule & work out slightly cheaper at about £10/bottle. Haven't found it anywhere else.

B

BP2

Sarah, thanks. Really not sure what has stopped me buying them, I must of had the book for 4 or so years. Any side effects, bad breath, body odour, loose stools etc