• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Pure ocd ruining my life

B

BW1

Hello everyone. Last year an intrusive thought came to my mind if my mum calls until 10 o’clock I should harm her. Since then I’m in panic constantly anxious and miserable. Last month I was watching a tv series on tv and I thought if they say now Mrs Sophie the sign to harm my mum is valid. And like all coincidences with ocd they indeed say the name Mrs Sophie! I’m miserable I can’t stop being anxious my boss has warned me that I’m not as productive as I was, all I wanna do is stay in bed. Can anyone relate?

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

ACCOUNT CLOSED
:welcome: nice to have you on the forum with us. Do you see a psychiatrist for your o.c.d.?

B

Becca3

Hello everyone. Last year an intrusive thought came to my mind if my mum calls until 10 o’clock I should harm her. Since then I’m in panic constantly anxious and miserable. Last month I was watching a tv series on tv and I thought if they say now Mrs Sophie the sign to harm my mum is valid. And like all coincidences with ocd they indeed say the name Mrs Sophie! I’m miserable I can’t stop being anxious my boss has warned me that I’m not as productive as I was, all I wanna do is stay in bed. Can anyone relate?
I can relate...every thought going through my head makes me want to repeat something or do a ritual. Im sorry you are going through this because it is so painful...

J

johannesg

I believe staying in bed is the most natural answer to the OCD when it bothers us so deeply, we stop enjoying everything we previously did and the anxiety affects our concentration intensely to the point we can even have memory or speech lapses or worse.

Staying in bed always feels like a safe place to hide, to stay away from it all, I can relate to that, there were days I would stay in bed for 15 hours, I remember once staying in bed for 24hours until I couldn't anymore, but after a few months doing that I became so tired of it that I decided to face some problems, I kind of faced my OCD with success in January for two weeks then it came back strong again, but without all the previous symptoms, however most of them staying, and slowly coming back, then I faced it again a few months later and I thought I was healed, for a week... then I got back to bed and suffering, so once again I faced my fears early october, and I've managed to overcome most of them, however the fear of leaving my bedroom and passing close to strangers or my father is still strong, and slowly some other fears are coming back and of course, I'm terrified again.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Horror ocd pure Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K Beating OCD, Intrusive Thoughts, PURE-O and everything in between Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
J Worsening of ocd 'pure o' Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 12
D Pure ocd - in need of some support/guidance… Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 31
B Brutal self talk with pure O OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
B Girlfriend with Pure OCD - Please help!!! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
L Pure OCD and problems with guilt. Sexuality problem Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
N My Pure O and sensorimotor OCD experience Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
L No more pure ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
O Pure ocd is crippling me... Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
J Could I Have Pure O OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
P My Tips on Overcoming Pure-OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
W Pure 'O' OCD - a problem with moving on with a life of sorts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
D Need some answers on combating OCD/Pure O Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K Religious Pure OCD, tips? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
O Could I have pure O OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
N How i OVERCAME pure OCD , Success Story. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
O My SUCCESSFUL story of how i overcame PURE OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
B Pure o ocd and medication Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
M Pure-O OCD... Harm Obsession / Bad Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 13
R Pure-o OCD or Bi-polar disorder? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
M Pure O OCD help Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 10
A Help me in serious pain!suffering from pure o ocd !! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
D Acceptance of OCD/pure O thoughts? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
L Curious about Pure-O OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
L Pure OCD - Terrible Spike? Please help! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
M Pure O OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
F Pure OCD: a rude awakening Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
B Help, I don't think this is normal for pure o ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 10
J Is this pure-o,ocd,or something else please read Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
L New to Forum and looking for help with Pure O Contamination....life is tough Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
L Really struggling pure O getting worse Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 18
J Fluoxetine and Pure O Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
OddballOut Pure-O Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
B Pure O and recovery. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
B Double isolation with pure O and corona. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
T When will this stop? Pure O Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
D What are you supposed to do after facing Pure O fears? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
A Pure O or am I crazy? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
J Pure-O about 'showing off' Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
P pure o Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
B pure o Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
P I have pure O and I have a question Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
C Pure O help needed! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
R Pure O and emptiness Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
D Which of the following books are best for overcoming pure O? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
A How I overcame my anxiety/ Pure O Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
G does this sound like pure o? my story Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
B Does OCD make you crave sensory experiences? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 0
P OCD and loneliness Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5