• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Pure O OCD?

M

megan24

Let me start off by painting you a picture of the person I used to be... I was beautiful. I was 10lbs lighter. I would wake up every morning excited to go to the gym and talk to my gym friends. Conversation would come easily. I would retain knowledge and be excited about my future. I felt like a good person, a good friend, and loved my group of friends and family....
Then Maggie happened. Maggie was my best friend who I lived with at college. We started drifting apart at school. She was dating a guy who treated her like crap and was the cause of many fights. I started going home because I was so lonely and stressed out. She took is so personally that I went home and I was hurt. When the boyfriend broke up with her I wanted to show her how much our friendship meant and that I wasn't going home to hurt her but for my own happiness. I was killing myself to show her this but she never responsed. I realized that I wasn't going to try anymore and I was SO happy (see girl above). Then I started worrying. What woud other people think? How could I go home when my best firend was heart broken? So i started apologizing to her. She ended up saying we were just growing apart and that is when time stopped. I started ruminating about WHY i apologized. I was obsessing. I was placing blame trying to get the feeling of control back. After awhile I realized i didn't act normally so I started obsessing about why I acted the way I did. The obsessing never stops. It interferes with my every day life. I don't know who I am nor what i like anymore. I have no idea what this is but I am scared and feel hopeless.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Horror ocd pure Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K Beating OCD, Intrusive Thoughts, PURE-O and everything in between Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
J Worsening of ocd 'pure o' Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 12
D Pure ocd - in need of some support/guidance… Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 31
B Brutal self talk with pure O OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 9
B Girlfriend with Pure OCD - Please help!!! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
L Pure OCD and problems with guilt. Sexuality problem Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
N My Pure O and sensorimotor OCD experience Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
B Pure ocd ruining my life Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
L No more pure ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
O Pure ocd is crippling me... Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
J Could I Have Pure O OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
P My Tips on Overcoming Pure-OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
W Pure 'O' OCD - a problem with moving on with a life of sorts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
D Need some answers on combating OCD/Pure O Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K Religious Pure OCD, tips? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
O Could I have pure O OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
N How i OVERCAME pure OCD , Success Story. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
O My SUCCESSFUL story of how i overcame PURE OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
B Pure o ocd and medication Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
M Pure-O OCD... Harm Obsession / Bad Intrusive Thoughts Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 13
R Pure-o OCD or Bi-polar disorder? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
M Pure O OCD help Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 10
A Help me in serious pain!suffering from pure o ocd !! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
D Acceptance of OCD/pure O thoughts? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 8
L Curious about Pure-O OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
L Pure OCD - Terrible Spike? Please help! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
F Pure OCD: a rude awakening Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
B Help, I don't think this is normal for pure o ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 10
J Is this pure-o,ocd,or something else please read Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
L New to Forum and looking for help with Pure O Contamination....life is tough Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
L Really struggling pure O getting worse Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 18
J Fluoxetine and Pure O Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
OddballOut Pure-O Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
B Pure O and recovery. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
B Double isolation with pure O and corona. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
T When will this stop? Pure O Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
D What are you supposed to do after facing Pure O fears? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
A Pure O or am I crazy? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
J Pure-O about 'showing off' Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
P pure o Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
B pure o Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
P I have pure O and I have a question Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
C Pure O help needed! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
R Pure O and emptiness Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
D Which of the following books are best for overcoming pure O? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
A How I overcame my anxiety/ Pure O Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
G does this sound like pure o? my story Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
B Does OCD make you crave sensory experiences? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 0
P OCD and loneliness Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5