• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Pure O - Convinced there is a demon

H

Hellotherexo

So I’ve struggled with Pure O pretty much my whole life, however it’s only the last few years that I’ve realised it’s OCD.

I have this constant fear when my partner isn’t here that I’m being raped by a demon - I know, it sounds crazy. But I’ll wake up in the night really hot and sweating and my first thought, for some reason, is demonic rape!

I’m now pregnant and have convinced myself that it’s this “demon” that has impregnated me and not my partner.

Even though deep down I know it’s just my OCD, it still creeps up and plays on my mind.

It’s really getting to me and causing me a lot of stress.

Has anybody else had a similar form of Pure O like this?

B

basil and oregano

Former member
Sorry to be so abrupt, but, if you're not doing so already, I think you should start therapy as soon as possible. The reason being, you might transfer very negative feelings to your child if you feel they are a product of rape and that could wreak real havoc to its soul.

Have a good talk with your partner. It's important to feel his support and protection, to feel safe with him. Try to find a good therapist, perhaps together.

It's obviously a very tense and stressful situaton you find yourself in, and I'm sorry you have to deal with it in such a frequent basis. Wish you all the best.

O

Ocean117

Hi this is an actual very common ocd theme but God woukd never let this happen to you ! I know deep down you also know this isn’t true ! I wish you all the best dear

O

Ocean117

I know a girl I use to teach who had this exact same obsession . Ocd is a very convincing monster but trust me it’s not real . Too many ppl have this obsession as well so don’t be embarrassed

3howards

I always said .. if a schizophrenic is seeing a demon.... it’s a hallucination, but it doesn’t mean that there are not actual demons....

Christ cast demons out of lunatics in the Bible.... one demon said .. I am legion and we are many....

I think in the next life we will find many of the horrible things going on .... the people are influenced , even possessed by demons....
Modern science will say no....modern psychiatry will say no....

There are real exorcisms all the time....

I personally try to separate my Illness from spiritual matters , especially with my scrupulosity ....
Blasphemous images.... a guy I turned onto that he had bad ocd when I worked in Miami cargo( he had the violent and sac religious images) turned to the church for help, he thought he was battling Satan....

It gave him comfort , but I knew as his compulsive rituals grew, he would realise it was more of an illness of the mind than a battle with demons....

In your case since you already had ocd for quite sometime I would advice to look at it as a mental illness, if out of the clear blue sky , you did not have ocd and were experiencing this I would call a priest....

Your demon is ocd, most people with ocd are highly intelligent, use your intelligence to fight ocd, your smarter than it, stronger than it, it has limitations, you don’t, you can find the chinks in its armour and weaknesses.... ocd is similar to the devil.... it’s lying to you....

I tell my wife this all the time , if I’m in heaven walking along with an angel and he says to me, you were never I’ll, it was demons the whole time... I would shrug.... o.k... but with the information we have at hand it is a chemical imbalance caused by lack of seratonin.... keep focused on that.... the knowledge of what is wrong with you, and your intelligence to defeat something your smarter than and stronger than....

Either your mentally ill.... or move to n.j and give birth to the new New Jersey devil!

I’m trying to make u laugh..ocd if it were a conscious being would be a ridiculous asshole.... let’s make fun of ocd....f£&&@ ocd .... that asshole....

Your stronger than you think, and smarter....there’s no demon....

Threehowards

P.s when I was in my 20’s I thought I was possessed..... talked to priests and ministers....they could not help me because I was not possessed..... the only thing the devil can do is try to make a non mentally ill person sin(disobey) God or lose their faith so they become more vulnerable.... we will kick that guys ass too.... he’s just an angel, we will be angels too one day.. Satan.... big woop!

3howards

My demon....

It’s been years since sac religious , and violent thoughts bothered me...

My demon is “1987”

After a bout with my first blasphemous ocd thought.... it went on for weeks, I freaked out .. purposely thought of worse images, and to this day I can’t blame solely my chemical imbalance ....

If I could find that others did this ( for violent and perverse as well) it would become textbook, my golden goose I search for...

Shrinks won’t tell me if their patients have had this experience because of reassuring cognative therapy crap.... don’t believe in it, suppressing ocd in my opinion Is b.s

Got to fight it.... kick it’s ass.... were smarter and stronger than a chemical imbalance .... my mentor is Dr. John Nash .... google him Or swatch a beautiful mind

Anybody .... can you help me?

Three Howard’s

P

Pure_O_Warrior

From my experience of Pure O, you should accept that even if that thought is real,its not the end of the world and when you accept that,you will never have that thought again.Have you ever wonderd why are those thouths stuck in to your heads? Its because you fear them,dont fear them, they will go away.I know its simple to say,hard to do, but try .The thouth is just a thought, everyone is thinking about everything. Problem is how we react to our thoughts, that keeps that thoughts alive and cause us anxiety and problems.I won many battles against ocd, trust me guys,dm if i wasnt clear. Cheers

P

Pure_O_Warrior

Dont be afraid of demons, they dont exist, even if they exist if you live normal life and behave in Christian way, God will not let them bother you. Even if they bother you, you cant do anything about it, so dont be scared,no point about being scared, when you cant do anything. Fear is good when it protect us, otherwise its useless.Also,there are meds that can help you: Antidepresants and even antipsychoyics,they help you cope with problems,but not fix it. If you want to fix it you should stop being afraid of your thougts,demons etc.Its hard, i know, but working on your habits,living real life etc will help you not fear your own subjective ideas.I have my own "demons" too, but i dont let them disrupt my life.There is NO thought,idea,demon whitch is worth enough to disrupt my life goals,hobbys and beer with my friends