• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

pubs

S

snooker 4

just thinking u all going to pub next week?or not depression and all that

R

RedYeti

I wanna see my mates, not seen anyone in months. But idk if I can be facked with people anymore

B

bpd2020

I do not feel comfortable going to the pub. It sounds like there will be long queues to get in.Will you go, snooker?

S

snooker 4

I do not feel comfortable going to the pub. It sounds like there will be long queues to get in.Will you go, snooker?
drink has got me into to loads of trouble in past in pubs .so don't no .got no friends to drink with so when I drink I get depression and drink to much then sometimes get in bother

B

bpd2020

drink has got me into to loads of trouble in past in pubs .so don't no .got no friends to drink with so when I drink I get depression and drink to much then sometimes get in bother
It sounds like you are much better off avoiding alcohol. I do not drink alcohol either.

wollie

wollie

I spent to much time in piubs in my younger years and I turned into a alcoholic, I haven't drank now since 2008 any way drink also gave me depression and voices so I steer away from pubs.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I haven't had a drink since 1999 but I do enjoy going to a local pool hall that has a bar but I stick to tea when I'm there.

The hall was supposed to be able to reopen on the 4th of July but new guidelines say they can't, I don't know if those orders are coming from the local council or central government.

S

snooker 4

I spent to much time in piubs in my younger years and I turned into a alcoholic, I haven't drank now since 2008 any way drink also gave me depression and voices so I steer away from pubs.
u feel betternot drinking I drink every day

S

snooker 4

u feel better not drinking

wollie

wollie

I do now, for years my brain was in a stupor, and now my new meds have kicked in I feel wonderfull:D

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
and now my new meds have kicked in I feel wonderfull
Sorry for going off topic but I just wanted to say I'm so glad you're feeling good, may I ask what new meds you're on?

how did u stop drinking.i hate myself because I drink eveyday
Now back on topic...

Get pissed up and sing karaoke in front of a club full of locals, that's what stopped me drinking lol.

I'll never say what song I sung, how embarrassing. :redface:

I

indigo6

Not in a million. I doubt I will go near one for at least 6 mths unless its an open air garden type and only when its all died down. Nothing to do with a virus but general germs and people too close to me and overexcited, no thanks. Theres a pub I like to go to for its outdoor views and the other things near it, so does everyone else. Will wait for a dull cold day in Autumn lol.
Why havent you seen anyone in all this time @snooker 4 ? thats sad. Did you not want to? But I understand what you say about being around people. Ive grown used to being distanced in stores and lately Im feeling too down to be around people I know. Have you got like this do you think?