• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Public Apology

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello,
I'd like to apologise for my behaviour on the forum of late and say sorry to anyone I might have upset or offended. In particular I'd like to say sorry to Marliee Bee, who was so kind to me when I joined the forum and who always gave me such good advice; and to Mastiff mom who has always been able to bring a smile to my face. I know I've upset both of you recently and for this I am sorry. :hug:
For what it's worth and I know it's no excuse, but I've been having difficulties at home, not been coping at work, I'm exhausted, anxious and depressed at the moment.
I'd also like to thank Helena1 and no-one for aways being there with hugs just when I need them; and Sienna Rose, cherish, SomersetScorpio, Judazz, fairy Lu Topcat and others for your support and for taking an interest in my posts. :hug:
I'm sorry I've not been a better friend to you all; truth be told I'm probably too irratic and emotionally unstable to maintain any proper friendship. When I open up to someone I can get very attached and clingy; other times I can get paranoid and think someone is just humouring me, that they don’t really like me and secretly think I’m an idiot, probably because that's how I see myself.
It's only a matter of time before I upset someone; there’s something about me which always sooner or later disappoints, let down and generally annoys; and it seems I’m never going to be able to maintain a friendship and I will always end up getting hurt or hurting someone else.
I know I've now probably made a prat of myself yet again.
Don't worry, I'm not going to make any dramatic 'closing my account' scenes; I've been there and done that and don't see the point of doing it again. I just want to say sorry and that I really do care about each and every one of you. And even though I never met any of the people in my friends list I still consider you friends in the proper sense of the word. And I know you care as much about me as I do about you and I'm sorry if ever I suggested any different. :hug:
I know sorry isn't really enough.:hug:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You have already said sorry enough. You don't need to anymore :)

I've moved on from it.

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You have already said sorry enough. You don't need to anymore :)

I've moved on from it.
I was going to post a response but then realised the first word I was going to type was 'sorry'; I think it's just my guilt and paranoia. Just want us all to be friends, help and support each other. Probably not in the best state of mind to be posting right now. I'll try and move on too. Thanks Marliee. :hug:

rubyrose

rubyrose

I think the fact that you took the time to apologize with such openness and unaffectedness is a reflection of your wonderful character. I also think you're a bit too hard on yourself. I'm the same way, though. I feel like it is only a matter of time before I do or say something that will make people lose interest in being friends with me. I can get clingy too, and also paranoid that people who seem to like me actually think I'm a dumb loser...like I am the butt of a joke that everyone else is in on except me. All that said, you've been a great friend to me and I have never thought badly of you, not even for a second. :hug:

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thank you so much Sienna Rose; it means a lot to hear you say that. You've been a constant and loyal friend to me during my time on the forum.
:hug5:
Rest assured I will never lose interest in such a kind and caring person and would never think badly of someone as lovely as you. It's so easy to get paranoid isn't it, so easy to let our insecurities take over; to start second guessing people. Perhaps that's why we get clingy; and why I read the tiniest slight as a devastating rejection. Guess I've been hard work as a friend. I'll try not to be in future everyone. :hug:

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
you been a fine friend to me. :hug1:

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
you been a fine friend to me. :hug1:
Thank you. :hug:
I think perhaps I build things up in my mind to cataclysmic proportions; assume that I've screwed things up irrecoverably and for always; and then make things worse by going off the deep end and making a scene. My sensitivity is my biggest strength; my over-sensitivity is my biggest weakness I think. :redface:

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

You have and are a good friend to me xxx

M

Mastiff mom

Dear duckie, you are nothing but sunshine in all you post. You always give so much of yourself and I admire that. Being a sensitive person is a double edged sword, isn't it. I feel all the things you do--fear people don't like me or will see the real me and run away screaming! You are such a lovely person--no more apologies, ok?
Big hugs,
Mastiff mom

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I was insensitive. Sorry.

Last edited:
Gajolene

Gajolene

I think you have managed to make quite a few friends on here already, I'm still trying to catch up with everyone since my unexpected absense the last few weeks and my sporadic logging in because of my own health issues and that of my sons. But that aside I've only seen your positive supportive posts while I've been on and think you are a very welcome wonderfull person to have on the forum.

I can relate that in making friends, we get so used to things going bad in our lives, when something good happens or we make a new friend, we sometimes get those flight responses that make us feel undeservedly ashamed, and overwhelmed or that we think we are somehow going to screw up, before it ever really happens and we withdraw. At least this is the case with me definately.

I can assure you that this forum goes both ways, we support others when we can and we can reach out ourselves when we are struggling, and that's one of the things that's really great about this forum.

Huge huge huge hugs

Last edited:
cherish

cherish

Hi quickduck ,sorry i haven't been around much ( i'm sorry to everyone ) but i'm not feeling too good right now, but i do pop in every now and then just to see if everyone is ok :hug1: like you i feel guilty about not being there for people but when i feel so low and confused i never know what to say to make others feel better ( this post is taking me ages because of my fuzzy head :doh: but i really wanted to let you know ducky ( my new nickname for you ) your a good friend not just to me but a lot of people here ,As sienna rose said your being too hard on yourself ducky , i also think a lot of us here, myself included over think things , not sure if any of this is making sense but i just wanted you to know i was thinking of you :flowers:
please DON'T close your account take some time out but please come back xxx