• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Pubic Hair Contamination OCD

C

Catmom86

Hello all,

I am struggling with my OCD tonight.

For the last 10 years I have struggled with OCD...contamination OCD mostly..I’d touch something I felt was dirty and compulsively washed my hands or I’d wash my hands 4 times to prevent something awful from happening to my family members. Fast forward to two years ago when I moved in with a male roommate who I connected with through a mutual friend-long story short, I started noticing abnormal amounts of his pubic hairs all over the apartment and I mean EVERYWHERE, everyday I would find a ton of pubic hairs on the floor, on chairs, couches, tables, somehow embedded in my mattress, even the kitchen counter near the sink. It got so bad that I had to address this issue with him. Once I saw the hair on the kitchen counter, I stopped using it, I ordered take out almost daily and stored my own disposable utensils, snacks, drinks etc in my closet. I wasted so much money and went into debt because of this. When I had close family over I’d annoy them with controlling over where they placed their belongings or where they sat (designated non contaminated areas) Our lease was finally up and upon moving out I wasted sooo much money throwing mostly everything out...my parents insisted I store larger items at their place so I could sell them. Needless to say I don’t feel comfortable in certain parts their house anymore as it’s contaminated in my eyes. I somehow found a wonderful man who loves me despite my OCD and has made me feel so much better and has helped and supported me tremendously. I am also in therapy and receiving exposure therapy and CBT which has helped quite a bit..but today I had a breakdown...I have a spot in my car where I threw a credit card that did have an actual pubic hair on it at one point (which had been sanitized and since been discarded/no longer in my car for years) my boyfriend dropped something near it and I felt so dirty and disgusting that he was going to bring it into the house (not the first time). I cried because I will probably struggle with this for the rest of my life and the fact that I’m a burden to my loved ones and don’t want them to modify their lives to appease me. Anyone else experience anything similar? I would never wish ocd or my feelings/experience on anyone.

Lavender_Rose

Lavender_Rose

Mine isn't bad. Actually I've kinda always know I've had the sign but was never actually told I had it till a few week ago. It wasn't a shocker. Mine seem to go into hyper mode it something triggers me or if I get stressed. But I often try to hide it. So if I start feeling everything contaminated, often when I'm out, I want to sanitize everything. If someone is with me I feel like everything they touch is contaminated too and I always feel so rude and mean. Like im saying their dirty by trying to clean what they touch in my car.

A

Am33

When you feel OCD lightly tap on your forehead between your eyebrows .A Danish doctor uses this for his patients (on you tube )

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AnxiousE Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7