• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

PTSD - strange aftermath/ effect on body - anyone relate?

S

SarahP13

I suffered a severe nervous breakdown last year that turned into a psychosis (brought on by stress not drugs)... I was going through something very intense & couldn’t sleep for weeks because psychosis made me feel like I was dying... since then there have been strange & perplexing changes to my body that have not changed back.... one of them is that alcohol no longer affects me at all?? Previously I could have 2 drinks & feel tipsy - now it doesn’t affect me at all... have tried to drink and experiment with different quantities to no avail... it’s very perplexing... not to use as a crutch but to not be able to experience any effects at all is bizarre? Anyone had this happen to them?

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

PTSD is a condition brought on by major stress factors. Its doesnt just start over night. So something must hage happened to start it all off

S

SarahP13

Thanks... yes it was bought on by stress - in hindsight I was pushing myself too hard for too long & not listening to my heart... the stress turned into a severe nervous breakdown & a psychosis... I believe I have PTSD from the trauma I went through?

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Thanks... yes it was bought on by stress - in hindsight I was pushing myself too hard for too long & not listening to my heart... the stress turned into a severe nervous breakdown & a psychosis... I believe I have PTSD from the trauma I went through?
Im sorry for whatever you went through. All i know is acknowledge it and soldier though it.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

My uncle had a nervous breakdown cause he was a a big oil guy running a company and it all became to much. Differerent diagnosis though from PTSD. thats bad shit happened to you that tou coulnt control

S

SarahP13

Im sorry for whatever you went through. All i know is acknowledge it and soldier though it.
Thanks... I have acknowledged it but I have a hard time accepting it unfortunately... so many regrets about my life now which I didn’t have before... I used to be a happy & positive person full of hope & now I can’t seem to access those feelings...😢

S

SarahP13

My uncle had a nervous breakdown cause he was a a big oil guy running a company and it all became to much. Differerent diagnosis though from PTSD. thats bad shit happened to you that tou coulnt control
Sorry to read about your uncle... I think because it was so unexpected & I couldn’t control it - it’s been really hard coming to terms with the fact that my life will never be the same as it was... I’m terribly depressed & meds don’t work...they used to before I went off them late 2017... in hindsight I should not have gone off them as I believe that because I’m a sensitive person they were numbing me out to the world a little bit - which was a good thing in hindsight...😢

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Thanks... I have acknowledged it but I have a hard time accepting it unfortunately... so many regrets about my life now which I didn’t have before... I used to be a happy & positive person full of hope & now I can’t seem to access those feelings...😢
Hey your talking about it here. Thats a vig step. It took me 20 odd hears to talk about anything so your on the right path. And everyone one one here is nice as go can find so keep at it

S

SarahP13

Hey your talking about it here. Thats a vig step. It took me 20 odd hears to talk about anything so your on the right path. And everyone one one here is nice as go can find so keep at it
Thanks... I hope something can change the way that I think & feel... the only person that can do that is me & im trying/have been trying for the past year or so... it gets exhausting... 😢

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Thanks... I hope something can change the way that I think & feel... the only person that can do that is me & im trying/have been trying for the past year or so... it gets exhausting... 😢
Hey your preaching to the choir. Im a certified loony tune and i struggle to get out of bed each day. Keep at it thougj, find obe small rhing rhat makes you smile and concentrate on that

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

I got ferrets! A mad thing to do but i love animals and dont eat meat. So now have wee furry babies that need me every day! Find something that makes you smile and grab it!

S

SarahP13

I got ferrets! A mad thing to do but i love animals and dont eat meat. So now have wee furry babies that need me every day! Find something that makes you smile and grab it!
That’s a great thing to do - well done! My cat just died so I’m still in mourning & not ready to get a new pet just yet...

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

That’s a great thing to do - well done! My cat just died so I’m still in mourning & not ready to get a new pet just yet...
Yea one of my ferrets passed away 😞 we all went and buried her on the braes ooking over glasgow. Before my animals it was my piano. Find anything thay makes you smile and grab onto it