• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Ptsd is so hard

Micky

Micky

I suffer from PTSD and it is ruining my life... the help from my psychologist doesn't even seem to be working... all I get is all these sheets to read and none of it helps.

The only thing that helps is taking anxiety tablets so reduce my anxious moments so I don't self harm or commit suicide:cry::mad::cry:

D

dreambuggieII

Hi there?

Which sites on the internet have you been to for information and help?

What do you think was the trigger for it? if you don't mind me asking?

I know of a few sites, but it may not be the one you need.

smiles

:)

Micky

Micky

Hi There,

I was raped...:(:cry::(:cry:

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey Micky

I also have P.T.S.D - are you taking any medication? All I can say is stick with the therapy and see where it is going - I am currently in therapy but am also on medication. I suffer with flashbacks, sensory, visual and auditory - it is a hell of a thing.

Please take care
KS

D

dreambuggieII

Micky

Please forgive me, for asking such a big big question. I can't believe how naive I am. I'm so sorry. It must have been hard to write that.

I know of a few sites and organisations in my area but there are also national charities. Which I'm sure has crossed your mind.

I also think, that perhaps "group" therapy can be a good thing...espeically connecting to people who have experienced the same thing. Its very good for the soul.

I'll just list the national website below:

http://www.rapecrisis.org.uk/

take care

Micky

Micky

Hard

Yes PTSD is hard....

I'm on medication.... antidepressants along with anxiety and sleep tablets....

The psychiatrists helps a lot and my pshchologist is alrite... I do what ever they ask of me with the techniqes to practice...

I just came out of hospital for overdosing a coupld days ago in the morning I took a overdose

I took one after another.... Once doing it I felt like I was going to faint or throw everything up....not long after I took them mum came rushing in my room wondering where I was and she called a ambulance straight away. I was rushed into the high dependency ward and stayed there over night.

IT WAS HORRIBLE! ALL I REMEMBER WAS LIGHTS FLASHING IN MY FACE AND BEING ASKED THE SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER AGAIN... I HAD TO USE A CATHEDA FOR MY URINE TO PASS AS IT WOULDN'T PASS ALONE... MY TONGUE TURNED INTO A VEGETABLE AND I COULDN'T TALK OR EAT FOR 3 DAYS AFTER TAKING MY OVERDOSE:cry:

I WAS CRITICAL ALL NIGHT.... MY FAMILY WENT CRAZY WONDERING IF I WOULD SURVIVE IT.

And here I am today still alive... it was the worst experience I have ever had and would never take a overdose like i did ever again.. it taught me a lesson thats for sure...

:hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

summerstars

i also suffer from ptsd ... i was given a type of therapy i forget what it's called, maybe somewhere here can help, it's something like eye movement therapy or something? i wish i couled remember what it was called! anyway, it helped i think. i was skeptical at first because it's a bit strange but it seemed to have helped.

if you ever need someone to talk to about it, feel free to send me a pm :)

Raina Walks

Raina Walks

Hi,

I find mental health professionals so heartless and helpless when it comes to my situation sometimes...I used to walk away from them wounded hurting and dejected but now i hate at them in my journal and I write what I would have liked to happen in the session with them. Sometimes I get the strength to tell them what I need to happen and learned that often they need direction from me because they just don't know what the hell to do or say....one of them said she was pulling words out of her rear a lot of the time because she just does not have the answers.

To get through school I popped a lot of anxiety pills too but I looked for other ways to deal with my anxiety by changing my thoughts and sometimes my behaviour or both together....I take the anxiety pills at night so i can get some sleep.

It is a tough road and my life is pretty much ruined too and I am trying hard to salvage some parts of it but I found that I had to take control of my healing ...if I left it to the mental health professionals I would get absolutely no where. The handouts can be useful...but only if you use them in your life and then sometimes you cannot because you just know what they suggest won,t help in your situation....

Feeling for you here....big time....

pentagram

pentagram

Hello Micky, as another PTSD sufferer of now 40 years I feel for you. Like Keepsafe I too am currently in therapy but am also on medication. I suffer with flashbacks,and shake like a leaf with horrible headaches and throat problems. Without my anxiety pills I doubt too if I'd get through all this.

All I can say in support is to go with the therapy, I felt it was a waste of time at the beginning but am slowly beginning to see where we are going with it.

According to my mental health notes, I was recommended for EMDR by one psychiatrist 12 years ago but nothing ever came of it.