• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

PTSD involving Emergency contraception **Trigger warning - sexual assault

H

Haduaine

Hi,
without going into too much detail, i was forced to take the morning after pill by the abuser, i obviously have pain from the assault itself but.. the manipulation surrounding the experience after is almost too much to bear.
Does any body else have experience of PTSD around events involving morning after pill?
I don't know if this anxiety and self loathing is relating to pregnancy or because I didn't fight him. Thanks for your time in advance

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Hi,
without going into too much detail, i was forced to take the morning after pill by the abuser, i obviously have pain from the assault itself but.. the manipulation surrounding the experience after is almost too much to bear.
Does any body else have experience of PTSD around events involving morning after pill?
I don't know if this anxiety and self loathing is relating to pregnancy or because I didn't fight him. Thanks for your time in advance
Honestly dont know what to say to that other than we are here for you. You need a lady who can relate to you. Sending love anyway xxx

H

Haduaine

thank you, i don't know if anyone can relate, i guess it's an unusual situation

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

thank you, i don't know if anyone can relate, i guess it's an unusual situation
Only a matter of time before someone comes online that can help. Ill listen in the meanrime if you want to chat or whatever.

Emmy

Emmy

I don’t know if it will help at all, but a morning after pill doesn’t terminate any pregnancies, it just puts a hold on a part of your cycle so you won’t be fertile for that period of time. If the egg hasn’t been fertilized already, it stops it from happening. I say this because some women worry about it being like an abortion, and they worry because might have their either own opinions on that. We all process trauma in different ways, yours are completely valid.

With everyone else here, I’m sorry you had to go through that. :’( It’s hard to be aware of manipulation around you, props to you for that. That sounds like a very twisted individual. I don’t know your situation, but please be safe. No amount of personal issues justifies hurting someone else that way. One is a victim only until they create a context where they have created victims of their own.

I don’t know if you’re in the state of mind to read this, but sometimes human traffickers will pose as friends or boyfriends, please be very careful around someone who breaks your boundaries even once. It doesn’t always involve strangers, being taken from your home, or even a physical restriction holding you there—just an emotionally or financially vulnerable person, and the exploitation of said person by another person. It’s toxic and hurtful, and can get very dangerous very fast. As a woman, I feel obligated to warn you about that.

As people, we own what we experience. If someone wants to be remembered well by us, they ought to have acted like it. If they didn’t want us to remember them for something they did, it’s their fault for ever doing it. We all process trauma in different ways. As someone else said, ‘I’m sinking in 3 ft, you’re sinking in 10 feet...we’re both drowning.’ No matter how big or small you may feel the things that hurt you, you’re hurting, and that’s all that matters for you to feel the right to hurt.

:hug: I hope you find someone who can relate to you, not because I wish that experience on anyone, but I hope it helps you heal.

H

Haduaine

I don’t know if it will help at all, but a morning after pill doesn’t terminate any pregnancies, it just puts a hold on a part of your cycle so you won’t be fertile for that period of time. If the egg hasn’t been fertilized already, it stops it from happening. I say this because some women worry about it being like an abortion, and they worry because might have their either own opinions on that. We all process trauma in different ways, yours are completely valid.

With everyone else here, I’m sorry you had to go through that. :’( It’s hard to be aware of manipulation around you, props to you for that. That sounds like a very twisted individual. I don’t know your situation, but please be safe. No amount of personal issues justifies hurting someone else that way. One is a victim only until they create a context where they have created victims of their own.

I don’t know if you’re in the state of mind to read this, but sometimes human traffickers will pose as friends or boyfriends, please be very careful around someone who breaks your boundaries even once. It doesn’t always involve strangers, being taken from your home, or even a physical restriction holding you there—just an emotionally or financially vulnerable person, and the exploitation of said person by another person. It’s toxic and hurtful, and can get very dangerous very fast. As a woman, I feel obligated to warn you about that.

As people, we own what we experience. If someone wants to be remembered well by us, they ought to have acted like it. If they didn’t want us to remember them for something they did, it’s their fault for ever doing it. We all process trauma in different ways. As someone else said, ‘I’m sinking in 3 ft, you’re sinking in 10 feet...we’re both drowning.’ No matter how big or small you may feel the things that hurt you, you’re hurting, and that’s all that matters for you to feel the right to hurt.

:hug: I hope you find someone who can relate to you, not because I wish that experience on anyone, but I hope it helps you heal.
Hearing that information about the pill is incredibly reassuring thank you, i guess also part of the trauma associated with it is the physical pain of taking it that I experienced and having to lie in the same bed I was assaulted in whilst having death rip its way through me. The fact the science behind the pill isn't an abortion is reassuring me.

Thank you for your care and your words, I am fortunate that this trauma is unresolved but firmly in the past. I don't have to associate with this individual and they weren't attached to me after the fact in any capacity and I'm so grateful for that. I know some women have to go through years of treatment like this and I can't comprehend that.

M

Murasakibee

Hi,
I can't relate but I do have some words that can make you feel a little less alone

A lot of people say the events following the initial trauma is more traumatic to them than the event itself and I can see how that would be very traumatic for you anyway. I am so sorry you endured that.

I am glad you are here, talking about this, there are so many people here willing to listen.

Zero One

Zero One

I know some women have to go through years of treatment like this and I can't comprehend that.
I am one like that...it is similar to a trap...the police didn't come when I called them, severe onset of mental disability and hurt finances.

Hugs to you :hug: