• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

PTSD from infidelity/lying

• Thread starter Sarabi_Gyarados
  • Start date
S

Sarabi_Gyarados

Last year I lost my mother and my relationship.

My bf and I were long distance and I discovered he had been cheating on me really since we started dating (a year and a half.) I loved this man with my whole heart and he was a huge support to me during the loss of my mum.

When I discovered this news, something in me just changed.

I discovered he lied about being infertile, and got someone else pregnant. I had to take a pregnancy test and blood/urine/self-swab, all of which came back negative luckily.

It has been over a year since I lost my mum and 6 months since losing him and I feel flat, numb, sad, defeated, hopeless, paranoid. I don't trust or like people or see the point in anything. At times I feel suicidal and I often feel very angry. It feels unfair that I lost my mum. It feels cruel that the man I loved turned out to be a sociopath (by his own admission) and felt able to lie to me and put my life at risk just to have unprotected sex.

I don't know how to begin to get over the pain.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Hugs to you and I'm sorry for the loss of your mom.

I'm sorry about your bf also and I hope you seek out a professional to help you through this.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Here's an article I found about post infidelity stress disorder which is similar to PTSD . I think this would fit your situation