• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

PTSD from a Bus accident I was in 10 years ago.

B

Boudicca

Hi everyone
Ten years ago I was in a bus accident that someone died in. I still have flashbacks. It was an accident but I feel guilty even though it was an accident.

I

ibrah99

really relate to PTSD. You are not alone and there is nothing wrong with you as so many identify with it. You have nothing to feel guilty about. That's actually quite normal for people recovering from traumas to self blame. I use a 12 step programme to help deal with my social anxieties which I find priceless and I'm so grateful for. I'm from another 12 step group so that's how I know of it as I couldn't find a PTSD anonymous group unfortunately. Emotions anonymous may help but can't guarantee as I haven't tried it but they use a 12 step method! Hope this helps.

I

ibrah99

really relate to PTSD. You are not alone and there is nothing wrong with you as so many identify with it. You have nothing to feel guilty about. That's actually quite normal for people recovering from traumas to self blame. I use a 12 step programme to help deal with my social anxieties which I find priceless and I'm so grateful for. I'm from another 12 step group so that's how I know of it as I couldn't find a PTSD anonymous group unfortunately. Emotions anonymous may help but can't guarantee as I haven't tried it but they use a 12 step method! Hope this helps.
I use a 12 step programme to cope with PTSD*

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
I'm so sorry that happened to you, have you had any counselling or therapy?
Please don't blame yourself.
Hugs

B

Boudicca

Thank you! I may try Emotions anonymous. I’ve not heard of them before. I was on a bus and basically a woman ran out in front of it. Well you can guess the rest. I won’t go into detail. It’s too traumatising for me. Thanks once again for your kind words. Hugs :grouphug:

B

Boudicca

Hi,
I'm so sorry that happened to you, have you had any counselling or therapy?
Please don't blame yourself.
Hugs
No counselling for it yet. I have a counsellor but haven’t been in a while. I pay privately for my counselling. Corona has stopped my counselling temporarily. I have a lot of things I have discussed with my counsellor, so I will bite the bullet and talk with her about this accident. Thank you for your kind words. Hugs :grouphug: