• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

PTSD and loss

M

MissKayz-x

My names kaylie and im 17. im suffering a lot with mental health issues, ptsd being one of them and i also have psychotic depression, bpd and ocd.

i was sexually and physically abused by both my parents until i was taken into care when i was 13 (and pregnant with my first child). my little sister daisy died when i was 8 and she cant have been more than a month old. neither of my parents bothered with her and it was left to me and my brother to look after her and we had no idea. i do fully blame myself for her death and i have never really spoke about it to anyone.

then when i was 10, my brother cameron died in an accident (he was 12). he was my best friend, the only person in my world who geniunely cared about me and always had my back and i miss him so much. all we had was each other and then he was gone. never really talked about his death either.

and last of all, i had twin girls in july last year at 26weeks after they were dx with ttts and were really ill. i had a placental abruption and hemorraged and was in a coma for 3 weeks, during which my girls were really really ill, and i came round eventually only to be told beau wouldnt make it through the night and she died age 3 weeks. the anniversary is coming up and i dont know how im going to hack it.

i have flashbacks and voices in my head repeating all these things from my past. im scared to sleep at night because i know i will have nightmares and wake up a sobbing mess and feel worse than if id not slept at all. i shout, scream and cryin in my sleep and wake myself up. i wake up regularly during the night if i dont take sleeping pills and do manage to fall asleep, but usually i just sit there and think, and not sleep.

i dont even know where to start adressing things in my past. i have therapy and things but its stuck in there with a huge wall around it and needing some help breaking it down :(

orange_sox

orange_sox

I am so very sorry to hear of your losses :hug:

I'm affraid I don't have any answers, but as this post has been left unanswered, I wanted you to know that you are not alone. I have suffered loss in my life, of a child too as you can see in my signature, I understand the w
holeseft in your heart when someone who relied in you solely passes away, and the guilt that you feel, that consumes you following such a traumatic event.

If you ever need to talk feel free to send me a message xxx

dib4uk

dib4uk

Aww hon, you're trying to cope not with one thing but many things which are cause you major problems in life.

Tackle one thing at a time. My counsellor said to me that changes cant happen over night (thats what i want, to be changed NOW!) but, hon you can only do so much at a time, and be kind to yourself.

Surviving sex abuse is hard enough, but when you have other things to deal with sometimes it makes it harder.

:grouphug:

M

MissKayz-x

Thanks. Yeah it is very hard. It was Beaus angel day on tuesday thats why i havent been on here in so long. Im just feeling awful and i dont know what to do with myself anymore..

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L PTSD from loss of Brother Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 9
Lilly776 PTSD after rape TW Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 5
K How do you get over ptsd when what your scared of happening is really happening? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8
E PTSD from MH treatment/hospitalisations Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
M COMPLEX PTSD ; support,advice,sympathy Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
R Recently found out I most probably have PTSD: looking for advice Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 9
L PTSD and depression? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
D PTSD from abusive relationship? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 12
jajingna Book about PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
W PTSD after accident Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
P Living with PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
E PTSD from hospital admissions? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 5
R Need to understand my complex PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 10
carlita PTSD and emotional neglect Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 21
Bluejay7500 PTSD and anxiety discovery Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 70
P PTSD and abuse those who cared for you Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
S PTSD I Didn't Know I Had Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
Tawny Getter Better - PTSD and CPTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 14
T Trying to deal with a roommate that has PTSD and other issues. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8
angel1982 prazosin for PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
B Helping someone with PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 6
K Can long term PTSD lead to psychosis/schizophrenia Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 7
J Could this be PTSD? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
Z Is this PTSD? Petty problem, but still.. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
U is this PTSD? **** trigger warnings, abuse described **** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
P Is it PTSD, or something else? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
S Is this part of PTSD? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
O PTSD and blocking most events out Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 5
S Support with Partner Who Seems to Be Struggling with PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
fireandairo TW Ptsd emotional and drug abuse Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
C PTSD cheating/physical abuse.. partner doesn’t support me.. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
K I have OCD and PTSD, a recent guy on the internet is triggering me to have bad panic Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
C How long does PTSD last? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
O PTSD and feeling “fake” or “dead”? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
M Feeling guilty for being diagnosed with PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
lizard56 Do I have PTSD? Please help! Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
9 PTSD Suffocating ***TRIGGER - Discusses abuse *** Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 10
K Mind-Body Workbook for PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 1
micas Do I have PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
B PTSD because of traumatic psychiatric hospital experience Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 13
H Past relationship and ptsd Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8
A Alcohol anaesthetised PTSD... Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
S Is this PTSD or just trauma? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 4
S PTSD from emotionally abusive relationship...do I leave now things are getting better? Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 26
B What is considered a traumatic event to be considered PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 5
P Told dont need ptsd, agoraphobia diagnosis because autism diagnosis. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 9
L Negative criticism PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2
B Depakine, olanzapine for ptsd Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 3
H PTSD involving Emergency contraception **Trigger warning - sexual assault Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 8
Jess96 Complex PTSD Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Forum 2