• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

PTSD and behavior

bluelives911

bluelives911

I too have PTSD from childhood (which was horrific) and for years i used to explode on the ones i love or id manipulate people into giving me what i wanted., when someone would tell me "no" it would go right through me as if they were trying to hurt me . I'm working on it now and even my wife notices how calm i am , I'm also bipolar and on a lot of meds , being a disabled veteran can be rough at times because obviously its tied to the navy and i had a terrible experience in boot camp , i guess what I'm trying to say is i need some help with my outbursts and yelling at my wife she doesn't deserve this yet i do it i tell her I'm sorry and it would be forgotten until next time now she's at the point that she just walks away on me and this is a tough one i feel so dismissed and forgotten about but i i cant say i blame her i mean after all who am i to yell at her its so wrong my wife and i are doing much better with communication and allowing the other to speak their mind , now you're probably asking yourself what does that have to do with PTSD well when im on one of my rages ( not anymore only the past) i cause a breakdown in my marriage ....life is good today but the stress i go through at times is so overwhelming that i don't know what to do with myself , is there anyone who can help me because lord knows i need a bunch of it.

Rich

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

I have PTSD too so I understand feeling overwhelmed. Are you getting help dealing with your PTSD?

bluelives911

bluelives911

I have PTSD too so I understand feeling overwhelmed. Are you getting help dealing with your PTSD?
yes i am in therapy and i see a physiatrist but the shrink is really difficult when it comes to putting me on any more meds then i am already on.