• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

PTSD and anxiety discovery

R

RockyMountainsGirl

Thanks for your kindness. I understand that it must be hard having voices and PTSD. I admire you for getting help and I know that life has been tough for you at times. I have major depression but I'm sure I was born a healthy, normal human being. The extreme abuse I experienced literally drove this normal human being crazy. I'm not going to think about my parents.

Since the horrible bullying and harassment by police, I seemed to have supplanted the anxiety, nightmares, etc., from my childhood with new fears about the police.

They would read my Outlook Calendar and then show up at appointments I went to in order to spy on me! It was horrible.

The Lethbridge Police Service is now in trouble for illegally using a police database to spy on a member of the legislative assembly, which is in the news now.

Calgary undercover officers bullied a young woman into giving up custody of her child, and these news stories are showing the world that undercover cop brutality exists.

When I confronted the cops about their abuse of me, they'd come to my house and lie to my husband and tell him I was simply mentally ill!

That's why I feel so violated. All this makes me want to kill myself but I wouldn't do that to my wonderful husband and daughter.

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

Thanks for your kindness. I understand that it must be hard having voices and PTSD. I admire you for getting help and I know that life has been tough for you at times. I have major depression but I'm sure I was born a healthy, normal human being. The extreme abuse I experienced literally drove this normal human being crazy. I'm not going to think about my parents.

Since the horrible bullying and harassment by police, I seemed to have supplanted the anxiety, nightmares, etc., from my childhood with new fears about the police.

They would read my Outlook Calendar and then show up at appointments I went to in order to spy on me! It was horrible.

The Lethbridge Police Service is now in trouble for illegally using a police database to spy on a member of the legislative assembly, which is in the news now.

Calgary undercover officers bullied a young woman into giving up custody of her child, and these news stories are showing the world that undercover cop brutality exists.

When I confronted the cops about their abuse of me, they'd come to my house and lie to my husband and tell him I was simply mentally ill!

That's why I feel so violated. All this makes me want to kill myself but I wouldn't do that to my wonderful husband and daughter.
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

It’ll be ok!!! thank you for sharing 🙏
I have past issues with teenage trauma being bullied and I was severely effected by it that I tried to kill myself withdrinking some alcohol but I went to rehab and got a diagnosis. I’m sry u went they this... u must be scared... hold onto to hope. I did and I am still alive. Doing well on medication and therapy.
Im sry ur going thru this and this seems terrifying. Hold onto hope!

:cool:

S

SunnyDaze

Even though C-PTSD is not in the American Psychiatric Association's DSM 5, most psychologists and psychiatrists recognize it as a legitimate illness, separate from the garden-variety PTSD, and it is proposed for inclusion in the ICD-11.
I agree with that.I wasn't saying it isn't legitimate.

Just saying my official diagnosis is PTSD since cPTSD isn't in the DSM.

R

RockyMountainsGirl

It’ll be ok!!! thank you for sharing 🙏
I have past issues with teenage trauma being bullied and I was severely effected by it that I tried to kill myself withdrinking some alcohol but I went to rehab and got a diagnosis. I’m sry u went they this... u must be scared... hold onto to hope. I did and I am still alive. Doing well on medication and therapy.
Im sry ur going thru this and this seems terrifying. Hold onto hope!

:cool:
I like hearing people tell me it will be okay, because it will be. I'm just sad and grumpy because I'm depressed. When the meds I took last night start to leave my system, when it's almost time to take new ones, I get down.

I'm so glad you went to rehab. I read that 60% of people who have bipolar affective disorder self-medicate with drugs and alcohol. Lots of people do this until they realize they are actually mentally ill and get help.

I never had friends to drink with.

I like hearing people tell me it will be okay, because it will be. I'm just sad and grumpy because I'm depressed. When the meds I took last night start to leave my system, when it's almost time to take new ones, I get down.

I'm so glad you went to rehab. I read that 60% of people who have bipolar affective disorder self-medicate with drugs and alcohol. Lots of people do this until they realize they are actually mentally ill and get help.

I never had friends to drink with.
That is what happened to me.... I found out I got schizophrenia from abuse

carlita

carlita

For me, it kind a changes my personality. Hard to regulate emotions, kind of distant when it comes to supporting people, have a inner feeling something is wrong, and things like that for me personally. Chronic, no. If you would have asked fifteen years ago, yes. Now that I've moved, it's gotten better.