• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Ptsd after natural disaster

J

ji_11

So I have ptsd from a natural disaster, where I lost everything, was technically homeless, put on the news against my will, just a horrible time I never for-saw myself going through. Though I've had mental illness passed down to me it was mostly manageable and I lived quite an easy life.

It's been 7 months and I remember an object I lost every day still. I have ocd so I hoarded quite a bit as a teen so physical items were very important to me to say the least. Not only did I lose all of that but photos/videos as well. I feel like my childhood memories are slipping away from me. Whenever I think about that I feel like I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown and that I'm only delaying the inevitable by holding it in. My childhood was the best time, I've had issues being stuck there in my mind like I never should've gotten older. I used to age regress a bit as a teen, so basically those times are really important to me.

I've gotten a little delusional as well thinking this wasn't how my life was supposed to go, that I'll wake up and be in my old home. That I made too many wrong decisions that took me to an alternate universe and I want to go back.

I feel like I now have the symptoms of numerous other illnesses when before it was only social anxiety and ocd. Now I disassociate, I'm impatient and impulsive, will break into a sob out of the blue and surprise myself, how is this supposed to end when every day I'm reminded of it.

Idk what I'm asking for, I just don't want to go through a nervous breakdown like my family members have but I feel like its inevitable since I pushed down any emotions when it first happened. But idk if that's truly how it works.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3

I'm sorry about this. I hope you get better. :hug: