• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Psychotic on so much medication. How is that possible?

I

Imager

I can't go on like this. I have little quality of life.

I

Imager

I'd be better off dead.

veela

veela

Hey there. Please don't give up. Push through it. You have a future. There are ways out.
Greetings
Veela

I

Imager

I have a call with my psychiatrist in the morning and I'm desperate. I might push for a change of medication. Thanks , Veela , for your encouragement.

I

Imager

I'm so tired of being insane.

veela

veela

I'm so tired of being insane.
I know how you feel. It is so exhausting... But with the right meds days become brighter. I speak out of experience. Have a bad day too tho..

I

Imager

Olanzapine 20mg, risperidone 5mg, sertraline 100mg, procyclidine 5mg, promethazine 25mg as a sedative.

veela

veela

I only know olanzapine of the ones you listed. I take it too. And abilify maintena depot injection.

I

Imager

I know how you feel. It is so exhausting... But with the right meds days become brighter. I speak out of experience. Have a bad day too tho..
Thanks Veela. There's always light at the end of the tunnel.

I

Imager

I only know olanzapine of the ones you listed. I take it too. And abilify maintena depot injection.
I have been on olanzapine since 1997. I will suggest abilify to the doctor when I see her.

I

Imager

I have a call with my psychiatrist in the morning and I'm desperate. I might push for a change of medication. Thanks , Veela , for your encouragement.
I'm in such a muddle - im not actually seeing doctor until october.

veela

veela

I have been on olanzapine since 1997. I will suggest abilify to the doctor when I see her.
Wow now i can feel you why you so tired of it. I really hope you get better.
You got any support groups in town or near you around?
It really helps a lot when times are rough.

I

Imager

Wow now i can feel you why you so tired of it. I really hope you get better.
You got any support groups in town or near you around?
It really helps a lot when times are rough.
My social life these days is conducted over the phone/ internet. This forum is good for me too. Thanks for your concern.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E Is ASD a common comorbidity with schizophrenia/psychotic illnesses? Schizophrenia Forum 1
BEASTMODEWARRIOR sorry guys im was out for while i had a huge psychotic episode i had to be sent to the psy hospital to change meds. Schizophrenia Forum 6
E Would you personally work with a MH professional if you know they have lived experiences of schizophrenia/psychotic disorders? Schizophrenia Forum 13
E Have you experienced professionals accusing you of lying about psychotic symptoms? Schizophrenia Forum 16
E Age you start experiencing psychotic symptoms to age of diagnosis? Schizophrenia Forum 9
J do your eyes squint when you are in psychotic episode? Schizophrenia Forum 15
P Psychotic episodes becoming worse Schizophrenia Forum 18
J Describe your psychotic episode. Schizophrenia Forum 5
K what was your firyst psychotic break like Schizophrenia Forum 1
RKA1952 What constitutes a psychotic break? Schizophrenia Forum 5
D Psychotic Break Anyone? Schizophrenia Forum 18
R Is there any chance to come out of psychotic medication, or reduced medication? Schizophrenia Forum 12
C Was this a psychotic episode, onset of schizophrenia, bipolar? Schizophrenia Forum 4
A On Medication and Still Psychotic Schizophrenia Forum 15
I Anyone else destroyed their life while psychotic Schizophrenia Forum 15
Hello513 I have a thought about the nature of schizo and other psychotic hallucinatory diseases. Schizophrenia Forum 1
D What do anti-psychotic drugs do to you? Schizophrenia Forum 3
Ivory_NK doctors refuse to believe im psychotic Schizophrenia Forum 5
7 Possible psychotic symptoms are the only thing keeping me from getting assessed for ADD. Feeling stuck Schizophrenia Forum 6
S Psychotic and Driving Myself Crazy(er) Schizophrenia Forum 1
Rebecca Ahava Reducing schizophrenia and psychotic symptopms Schizophrenia Forum 3
E Meaning of voices/psychotic experiences Schizophrenia Forum 4
Z Undiagnosed Psychotic Disorder (new user) Schizophrenia Forum 10
telekinesis been living in a group home for almost 3 months after psychotic episode Schizophrenia Forum 4
K Psychotic or eccentric Schizophrenia Forum 12
F Stability and development of psychotic symptoms and the use of antipsychotic medication - long-term follow-up. Schizophrenia Forum 7
cpuusage Shamanic, Mysic, Visionary or Psychotic state? Schizophrenia Forum 22
I What did psychotic people commonly believe before modern technology? Schizophrenia Forum 14
cpuusage Don't use John Nash to promote the use of anti-psychotic drugs Schizophrenia Forum 7
cpuusage Content of psychotic & delusional thinking Schizophrenia Forum 27
S When I'm psychotic I'm a fishetarian Schizophrenia Forum 2
cpuusage Psychotic break or shamanic awakening? Schizophrenia Forum 37
N Can your mood be Euthymic but still be psychotic? Schizophrenia Forum 1
shaky When you are unwell/psychotic do you take your clothes off? Schizophrenia Forum 14
N Does my risk assessment sound like I'm psychotic? Schizophrenia Forum 6
F Prolactin levels in drug-naïve patients with schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders. Schizophrenia Forum 1
cpuusage Not psychotic Schizophrenia Forum 22
F Refugees 66% More Likely To Develop Schizophrenia, Psychotic Disorders Than Other Migrant Types Schizophrenia Forum 11
B From psychotic depression to full-on schizophrenia? Schizophrenia Forum 8
Mark_01 How Does a Psychotic Know When Meds Stop Working? Schizophrenia Forum 9
cpuusage Yes, anti-psychotic drugs damage the brain. Schizophrenia Forum 24
-Phoenix- Gray Matter Loss in Brain Due to Psychotic Episodes / Schizophrenia, Not From Medications Schizophrenia Forum 1
F Treatment resistant or resistant to treatment? Antipsychotic plasma levels in patients with poorly controlled psychotic symptoms. Schizophrenia Forum 1
F The Association between Negative Symptoms, Psychotic Experiences and Later Schizophrenia: A Population-Based Longitudinal Study Schizophrenia Forum 10
A Severity, frequency, and duration of psychotic episodes on and off medication? Schizophrenia Forum 3
L Relationship beak-down at time of psychotic break Schizophrenia Forum 1
F Dopamine: Psychotic fire-starter? Schizophrenia Forum 1
F A Pilot RCT of Psychodynamic Group Art Therapy for Patients in Acute Psychotic Episodes: Feasibility, Impact on Symptoms and Mentalising Capacity Schizophrenia Forum 1
P a look into my psychotic break Schizophrenia Forum 8
cpuusage Feeling psychotic. Schizophrenia Forum 53