• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Psychotic episodes becoming worse

P

Paddlingpool2007

hi my son is 20 and has not been well since he was 14 he has had psychotic episodes before but they seem to be getting worse he is more angry and aggressive he hates noise but I have 3 other children that make noise so he seems to be constantly triggered . I have put a lock on my 13 year old door but he broke it off . Ive become frightened of him has any one got any advice I’m at my wits end thank you

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
When I became psychotic the first time I was admitted to hospital, my parents called for an ambulance to take me in and I spent 9 days on their ward on a voluntary basis.

The second time I went to A&E to ask for anti-psychotics and they referred me to an early intervention team for psychosis.

Did the doctors who prescribed him the anti-psychotics give you a number to call if things got worse? A crisis line or something?

ht46

ht46

I hate noise of people slamming doors etc as it triggered my paranoia when it was at it's worst I'd wear earmuffs that might help.

P

Paddlingpool2007

He is with the crisis team . I’ve called 999 before they come round with the police but they didn’t take him he has never been to hospital and refuses to go

P

Paddlingpool2007

He has got headphones that he uses but it seems to be his brothers and sister noise that is trigging him

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
They threatened me with being sectioned for less, I was just hearing voices and paranoid at the time of my admission. They told me I could volunteer and spend a matter of days on their ward or be sectioned and spend possibly a month or more with them.

I hope the crisis team can help.

P

Paddlingpool2007

I think he needs to go to hospital to sort out his medication. No one seems to want to help I’m frightened that he is going to hurt one of us one day

P

Paddlingpool2007

I’ve told them that the noise triggers him and he gets angry but I’ve probably played it down as I’m frightened they will take the kids away . Yes I’m in Hertfordshire thank u x

A

arty88

hi my son is 20 and has not been well since he was 14 he has had psychotic episodes before but they seem to be getting worse he is more angry and aggressive he hates noise but I have 3 other children that make noise so he seems to be constantly triggered . I have put a lock on my 13 year old door but he broke it off . Ive become frightened of him has any one got any advice I’m at my wits end thank you
Hi,

I must sound like I work for the people that make this drug.

Aripiprazole is well known to be good at controlling irritability and aggression in youngsters with Autistic spectrum disorders (is is actually a newer anti psychotic though).

It can be prescribed on the NHS.

Would strongly recommend just reporting everything to the mental health team in your son's case and asking about medication to control his aggression.

A

arty88

I agree that he may need to go to hospital.
Agree.

If he is a danger to you or others, that is only what is best.

Please reach out for help from your local crisis team, or call your GP (as best you can) and ask to be put into contact with the right services.

Daybreak

Daybreak

Do you know why he's angry? Is he angry, because of the noises?