Psychotherapy at Devon House, Dogpool Lane, Stirchley, Birmingham, B30 2XJ

I

ipropupthisgravytrain

Psychotherapy at Devon House, Dogpool Lane, Stirchley, Birmingham, B30 2XJ

Is there anyone on this forum who has had psychotherapy at this place or previously at Uffculme clinic, Queensbridge Road, Moseley? Another service user and myself would like to know what your experience of it was.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi
I went to uffculme clinic for an initial assessment as a teenager
it was a long time ago now but didn't find the doctor very helpful or interested in my illness.
he referred me to oaklands where I saw a cpn for a couple of years.
Devon house used to be at the Queen Elizabeth but when the old hospital was knocked down they moved to dogpool lane
I went to devon house for 5 years. I found it to be quite a welcoming place ,the psychotherapist always had more time for me than psychiatric nurse/psychiatrist did.
I think many people do benefit from the treatment at devon house but it is notoriously difficult to be accepted as a patient and to meet their criteria.
one good thing was my therapist rarely canciled appointments and if you are on a low income they will provide hospital transport to take you to and from appointments
x

Darkred

Darkred

Seems a bit pointless posting in such an old thread but I had an assessment there (I was literally next door in st andrews hospital) like a 10 second walk away and they came to the conclusion I wasn't ready for it. I had like a 5 minute assessment because I was having a bad day. Didn't even give me a chance.

pepecat

pepecat

It was definitely Devon house you went to, and not ten acres, which is right next door? Seems odd that the assessment would only last five mins, but if it was ten acres, that would make more sense!!

Darkred

Darkred

It was definitely Devon house you went to, and not ten acres, which is right next door? Seems odd that the assessment would only last five mins, but if it was ten acres, that would make more sense!!
That's me being stupid :rofl2: I don't know why I thought it was the same place? Maybe because they mentioned it as well. :scratch:

pepecat

pepecat

Devon house is the bright blue portacabins..... Ten acres is (was) the big white building bang next door.

X

Xianne Aslann

I would like to be in touch with any past present or potential patients at this place. If you want to connect with me, I would be happy to be in touch.

NHS CHOICES REVIEW: Devon House Psychotherapy, Dogpool Lane, Stirchley, Birmingham:

One or two of the receptionists can be very rude and do not seem to know anything about how vulnerable some people are. It would help if they could be a little bit more considerate and sometimes, less demeaning in front of others who are waiting to be seen. The quality of therapists is variable, but I have experienced some very careless and quite thoughtless if not cruel treatment here and have felt there has been little concern for my safety. There is very little attention given to patients' perception of needs, and in all there is a very strong tendency to control rather than help a person towards their healthy development emotionally and mentally. Unfortunately the two people in most senior positions are partners and this unhelpfully establishes a 'power-pact' which I believe results in less than objective and fair decision making in terms of clinical judgements. A lot of concern has been expressed about this arrangement by staff and patients over the years, but has not been addressed by those higher up.
Is there anyone on this forum who has had psychotherapy at this place or previously at Uffculme clinic, Queensbridge Road, Moseley? Another service user and myself would like to know what your experience of it was.