Psychosomatic Symptoms & Depression

TroubleinParadise

TroubleinParadise

Hi Everyone,

So I went out for sushi yesterday with a buddy of mine. A good hour and a half into the evening I without paying attention took a fair sum of wasabi and ate it. It was a little bothered, but soon after it stopped bothering me.

However, I remembered reading something on the dangers of spicy foods or something to this effect. Psychosomatic symptoms took over and I began slurring and struggled to breath properly. The worst part of this is that I recognized that it was all in my head, but I had no control over it.

Fast-forward a day and I didn't want to get out of bed today. It really affected me. The thought that I don't have authority over my mind. I could really use some advice here.

Thanks,

Z

ZAGOR

I'm not quite sure what do you mean? Why wouldn't you have control over your mind?

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

I can't diagnose, I'm not a mental health professional. If you suspect your reaction was brought on by anxiety, you may want to read about psychogenic illness, the nocebo effect and how cognitive behavioral therapy can help control negative thought patterns.

TroubleinParadise

TroubleinParadise

Hi,

I meant I quite literally could not stop myself from experiencing it. It was quite a strange sensation. Knowing that it wasn't a real reaction yet being unable to stop it.