psychosis?

S

suzanne77

Hello, i'm new here and really feel like I need to talk to someone. I keep trying to ask for help but find it hard. Please help me - I've been experiencing compulsions - though they seem to have got a little better recently - I feel like screaming out help me - but i don't really know what to do. I feel so mixed up, thanks xxx

S

suzanne77

I don't really know what to do - I'm really on my own - I have my family but to be honest they are not always helpful

L

LonelyNights

Hi and welcome :) i really hope your ok . My family aren'y always helpful either but i think its just cos' they don't understand what your going through.
what are your compulsions about ?
Im here for you if you need to chat xx

S

suzanne77

I was feeling like a breakdown has been coming for weeks - I need to talk to someone or it's going to kill me. I went for cbt which was good but I got really strong feelings for the therapist and this has now sent me over the edge - I can't talk to him - and am waiting for therapy to start - I guess hopefully with someone else - but I feel so confused as he was really nice to me, more than nice to me - he made me remember who I was and was the first person to treat me as somebody - not just as a mental patient for years - but then I got these feelings for him and it's all totally f***** up in my mind.

S

suzanne77

Hello Lonelynights, thanks for your reply xxx I'll write what my complulsions are about

L

LonelyNights

Ok just calm down .... im kinda in the same position as you. Has anything happened between you two ? xx

S

suzanne77

Thanks LonelyNights - yeah - I suppose my family doesn't know what's really going on - there's been abuse - mostly emotional which means I find it really hard to talk to them - although my mum does try-and is not all that bad - it's just in an argument she can say some pretty critical things that I just can't bear to hear any more. and my sister panics thinks I should be in hospital on the drugs - which I wouldn't mind - may be - so much just so long as I had a choice and could come home when I wanted but it doesn't work like that.
I get compelled to walk, just little stupid things, walk certain places, pick up litter, not eat, if it's bad it's hard to get things done - but it seems to be a bit better last couple of days so hopefully will be all right. I have two kids - they are at there dads half the time - I don't want to leave them - thanks a lot for listening and I'm sorry if I come across rude - I'm not very good at relating to people at the moment, take care xxx

S

suzanne77

Sorry, I keep missing your posts - no nothings happened - he was very professional - I think? - your in the same situation?

L

LonelyNights

Thats exacly the same with my family. My mum always says terrible things in an argument. just remember people say things they don't mean when their heated up.
Ok ive been in hospital before, i was allowed home on weekends, but it really depends.
Yehh i hope that will be alright for you.... i bet you its hard to get things done. i have a really bad compulsion to step on things. so i can't walk normally down a street.
I understand you don't want to leave them, and you didnt come across rude.. You take care too xx
Have you spoken to your support about drugs and hospital ? xx

S

suzanne77

Thanks LonelyNights your very kind - it makes me feel better to hear other people have compulsions to do seemingly random things as well - it's pretty funny when you think about it - I guess the first time it got out of control - but now I seem to be able to step outside it a bit. I don't really want the drugs - although I have thought about it at times - but if I can cope - and I think I just about am at the moment I'll try without - I know they can sometimes help - I just feel the side effects are too bad for me personally - but I stopped the anti depressants 40mg citalopram a few weeks ago which probably was a bit stupid- which may be why I'm finding things a bit rough - that and falling in love and everything else with the therapist, so hopefully if I can just ride it out things will get better xx

L

LonelyNights

Thanks :) and i dont know why. yehh it is kinda funny, but my boyfriend actaully copies my stepping on things which makes me do it more . do you feel worst with out the med ?
yehh sometimes the side affects are terrible had a few of them! Its just about finding the right one for you. which i have now.
If you feel your coping then whatever you feel is right .... just dont leave it too late if you start feeling unable to cope.. make sure you get help.
are you in a relationship ?? yehh i hope that'll work out for you . xxx

S

suzanne77

Hello, no I'm not in a relationship - I wish I was - a good one. I have two sons two and three. I get on ok with their dad now though I don't think I could live with him - he has too many issues - (says me) it's good you've got a boyfriend - I guess your right about meds - I might go and talk to the doctor - though I do seem to have come through a bit. TBH on olanzapine I felt as if I couldn't feel anything - no emotion - very hard to motivate myself - I've been off that since december. think it may have been the antidepressants I stopped too quickly - if things get worse I may talk to doc xxx

L

LonelyNights

Maybe thats whats missing in your life, but i think you may have realised that already. Yehh i got that on something i was on before .
Do they know youv'e stopped taking them ? ok good xxx

S

suzanne77

Hello, my consultant doesn't know - I went to the gp who said I could continue stopping taking them - am off to bed now - thanks a lot for your genuine kindness LonelyNights - take care xxxx

L

LonelyNights

Oh Ok, and Goodnight and you take care too. its ok im always happy to help :) xxx

And thanks to you too xx