Psychosis without hallucinations and delusions

W

Wounded

Hello everyone, i am 23 years old guy from serbia(my english is not very well)Im struggling with anxiety and depresion for 2 years, im also on ap and ad meds.last 6 mounths i have big thinking problems i cant think str8, i have thought blocking problems, my head is extremly foggy i dont understand well what i hear or what i read(whitch realy hurts me cause i used to be pretty inteligent guy) I noticed those problems and i visited new psychiatrist whos sent me to test,and test detected cognitive problems. It says that my cognitive model of funcioning is incosistent and desorganized.I asked him: ,,does this mean that i have schizophrenia?,, he said,, no you are borderline psychotic without paranoid ideas and halucinations,,. I want to ask you is it possible to have psychosis without typical delusions and halucinations? i think i have disorganized sch...

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and :welcome: to the forum. I would ask him to explain that more clearly for you. Having disorganised thoughts and reactions can also be psychotic I think, but I am not an expert. Do you feel like you are? Have the meds had any effect upon you to help at all? I know that the APs I'm on really help me to focus and stay grounded. But I don't think that meds alone can help, I believe in therapy too. I have had quite a bit and found that had longer lasting effects for me. Have you thought about therapy of some kind?

W

Wounded

@calypso Thank you for advices, i will.Aps help me only with agitation, not with foggy head at all. i would like, but i see my psch only once a mounth.