• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Psychosis/Schizophrenia

W

Wazzza

Hello all. I'm 28 now and had psychosis since I was 21. I've had episodes in that time and periods of complete recovery/wellness.

I'm in psychiatric hospital now in the UK. Doing this on my phone.This time it has been different though, I'm normally either completely unwell voices hallucinations etc or completely ok. But this time it is different because I have had strong violent thoughts to harm family.members and others, and the odd voice. The doctor said its psychosis but I've never been like this before and worried I've develeoped schizophrenia and will have these thoughts and the voices forever.

Anyone had experiences like this? Psychosis that never gets better? They have now put me on an depot injection and anti-depressant.

Thanks, Mike.

fazza

fazza

Hi mike when i was in hospital my voices only wanted to hurt myself it was a few years later when the voices started to make me think that the wife was trying to poison me through my food. After changing my medication these voices became less intense although they have never gone away.

Hopefully all you will need is your medication tweaking and you should be out soon. Do you mind me asking if you are an informal patient or have they sectioned you. Are they treating you ok? The thought about going in to hospital really scares me and I fear it wont be long before I have to go in

I forgot to mention I have schizophrenia but it is not the end of the world at least I know whats wrong with me

I am on risperdal consta depot 50mg and olanzapine 20 mg. The side effects were terrible at first but I have got used to it now

W

Wazzza

They are treating me ok really, only bad thing is are that they are so busy and can only talk to you like max one minute a day some staff better than others though. I'm informal.

Luckily I don't get voices that often, if I had voices to harm others would be 10 times worse although the thoughts are bad enough almost it's almost as if they are not my thoughts.

Thanks for the reply, I'm on dipixol injection and mirtazapine.

fazza

fazza

Depixol was the first depot they tried on me but it gave me terrible aikathisia I could not sit still for even a few seconds so they took that off me. Give it a couple of weeks and I hope you will feel a little better then.
My depot is due on wednesday but I need her to come earlyer as I am struggling wiht voices at the moment. I have 3 people in my head most of the time arguing with each other. It got so bad yesterday whilst I was shopping that I accidentally took a womans shopping trolly instead of mine. She came running up to me saying "my bag my bag" I looked on the handle of the trolly i saw her handbag. She thought I was going to steel it. I was mortified.
This is what happens when you have to much going on in our heads

A

AntipsychoticREFUGEE

But if you think yourself that am I psychotic, most likely you are not and there is a DIFFERENCE between manifestish information gurgle and psychosis too, totally diverging issue is that does the "impartial" observer to choose to see it or not? Fair enough?

A

AntipsychoticREFUGEE

Yo Wazzza! Do you know that where II possibly might get the information about my diagnose? Only one a shrink has given in person is ADHD and if I experienced DID-amnesia in finland, were bit funny that it became treated by strongest "pep" available. Hatice in here, the UK, said on March? that don't worry the seizures comes and goes but are not anything serious about the corcerns of mine on DID. I was requesting the Aripiprazole meds back to ge tback on track but she never called me that I will have dates with shrink. So would it be fair that if my diagnose is something else than the attention one, that somebody would tell me too? I flag that ADHD/DID combo