Psychosis - Project and Ideas

D

dantheman

Hey Guys

Am new here so Hello! :)

First a bit about me.

I suffer from paranoia and anxiety, and have had two psychotic episodes, with delusions and hallucinations - one of which I ended up in hospital after a week, due to concerns of my safety.

My last bad episode was in march, and since then using lifestyle changes, meditation and medication am on more of an even keel and starting to make some positive stuff out of this!

My main reason for posting here is that I am a photographer wanting to make a project on psychosis relating to it happening anywhere and any time, and wondered if anyone would be interested (Everything will be confidential between me and those who want to take part) in doing this with me.

Feels weird posting this but guess I have never tried to make anything I see as creative out of my psychosis, only recently accepting it!!!

Maybe hear from some of you via direct message etc soon. If not no worries!!! :)

Hope everyone is doing well today

T

Tonic

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Are you going to take photos of peoples hallucinations? :confused:

D

dantheman

Ha - not quite

Is more for research before undertaking the project.

C

Coast2

Hi Dantheman and :welcome:

I'm glad to hear that you're back on an even keel and that meditation and mindfulness is working for you.

Like you, I was hospitalised this year over concerns for my safety, and i was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia. Since then, I've made a recovery and am managing my illness with anti-pyschotics, diet, exercise and mindfulness.

Life goes on, and next week I've an interview for a part-time job. Although I know it will be difficult, I am desperate to return to work and to establish some kind of normal routine.

Wishing you well with your project. If I can help in any way pm me.

Best wishes