psychosis drugs restlessness

M

mark5

what exactly does ability do ? doctor is giving me nothing ...saying it will help me think clearly.
what about restlessness. anyone have experience dealing with restlessness as a result of ap drugs.
thanks

NWiddi

NWiddi

I'm on 30mg of Aripiprazole and get a little restlessness from it, around twice a day and mainly in my legs.

I find it much better than the previous medication I was on which was 20mg of Olanzapine which gave me a huge appetite and I put on loads of weight.

It could be worse, I could be on Clozapine and have to get blood tests done frequently to monitor my white blood cell count or other meds that mess with Prolactin and causes men to grow breasts and lactate and testicular shrinking.

But generally AP meds will allow you to think more clearly, have more focus and prevent further episodes of psychosis, as a voice hearer I think I'll be on them for the rest of my life or until the voice I hear goes away which is doubtful, the meds reduce the volume of them by around 95% which allows me to get on with my life.

Jbb79

Jbb79

ACCOUNT CLOSED
what exactly does ability do ? doctor is giving me nothing ...saying it will help me think clearly.
what about restlessness. anyone have experience dealing with restlessness as a result of ap drugs.
thanks
On Abilify 15 mg and, 30 mg, I got very bad Violent ideas x xx On 45 mg, I got Hyper-sexuality Side-effect . .

Abilify can cause excessive Gambling, eating, shopping or, increase Sexual functioning - - I Think I read it can cause Restlessness x x

nomask

nomask

Abilify is a newer drug that pdocs are prescribing like mad because well.. honestly, it makes money. It's supposed to be an antipsychotic, but I've heard of people being prescribed it for all sorts of ridiculous reasons. It is very well known for causing restlessness. I have found exactly one person who's benefited from it and I actively searched for people who liked it after I was on it for a day and then went cold turkey.

jackolantern

jackolantern

When I was on Haliperidol I did get very restless legs and often woke up in the night unable to stay still. This is an older drug and the newer ones I am told are a lot better now.