• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Psychosis, Demons, Stress or Schizophrenia?

M

Maizygreene

** LONG POST **

Hello I need some help deciphering this.
My boyfriend is 20 years old. He has been diagnosed with major depression, anxiety, and other stuff I will get to. He is a person her over thinks and is easy to influence. Very stubborn and has anger issues too.

The problem.

We have been going through stress since we are financially struggling, we were kicked out and had to move to mexico. He stopped his medication since we had no way of reaching. In dispair he said that he would often try to use witchcraft to get help in order to move on and success. I don't believe in it so I told him to stop and not give in to something that you know nothing, especially when he is an overthinker / hypochondriac. Well nothing happened and we ended up working to get a house out there. Somehow he lost his mind due to ptsd. He was able to come home to his parents for help. I was left by him but later he returned saying he felt better. 6 months later we was Invited to come back and we'll he lost his mind when his mom said he could only be there for 6 months because his parents were splitting up. Ever that day he lost his mind saying that I had cheated on him. He tried to kill me because he "knew" I did it with no proof. He went to the mental hospital back amd forth (3 times he didn't want to be there). The last time he came back from there he returned different. He kept talking to himself Saying things like "stop" or would start crying or screaming. I would ask him what was going on and he'd brush it off.
5 days ago he told me that he thinks that there is a demon attacking him. There is a voice in his head that tells him things that are messed up, he says that he feels something physically wants to take over his body. The voice sounds like him and mocks him all day long saying stuff like
"I have your soul" "you're worthless" "I'm going to kill your family" "let me in" ect. He says that it tells him that he will take control of his body and hurt his family and then leave so he could suffer the consequences of what the demon did. He says that the demon reminds him that he made a deal with the devil for his soul in exchange for something that the voice can't make it's mind up about. for example it said he sold his would for less pain, money, weed, me (gf). He says that he feels like it see through his eyes. In the mental hospital they gave him meds for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder but he didn't want to take it because it would give him some sort of shake so bad that he would not be able to sleep or stand. He said that the demon told him that if he takes meds he will enter him and posses him. I keep fighting to make him take his meds but no luck so I humored him.

He asked me to pray and we do but nothing happens. He says that sometimes he feels weak after prayer and says the demon is behind it. He read the bible and some verses make him cry, or sometimes it distracts him. Listens to christian music but nothing happens other than him feeling "good". He smokes weed and cigarettes but after this incident smoking anything is bad because he says the demons attacks him and makes him weak because it wants to enter his body. He can't sleep because he says that it uses his body while he's asleep so he started sleeping tied up.. last night he didn't tie himself because he said God told him to trust him so he did and slept without restraints. Well he said that he had a dream where he was choking a old lady with a cross. He woke up and said his wrist hurt and is afraid of that vivid dream to be true. He is becoming very impatient and wants to hurt himself but won't seek professional help. I had a pastor pray for him online but he said it did nothing because that pastor is a fake. He went for a walk at night and said that he saw something in the darkness with glowing eyes look at him, he got closer and it was a tree.. the voice mocked him because it was infront of a church. He truly believes it's a demon. I have a feeling it's DID or PTSD with schizophrenia tendencies. I need help I can't with this no more.

J

JeanPierre

You do need help, Maizy. Please if you feel unsafe with him don't hang around.
I know, for a fact, how dangerous this can be.
I feel he needs a hospital. Talk to his parents now.
I'm sure someone will come alone with good advice.
Don't engage online pastors for this.
Welcome here. ✌

M

Maizygreene

You do need help, Maizy. Please if you feel unsafe with him don't hang around.
I know, for a fact, how dangerous this can be.
I feel he needs a hospital. Talk to his parents now.
I'm sure someone will come alone with good advice.
Don't engage online pastors for this.
Welcome here. ✌

*Sigh*

I have no where to go. No family. His mom is closed minded and doesn't help either. Just tells him to pray and the demon should be gone. He has tried that but it does not leave. I have no job nor anything to hold myself.. his mom is no help.

J

JeanPierre

*Sigh*

I have no where to go. No family. His mom is closed minded and doesn't help either. Just tells him to pray and the demon should be gone. He has tried that but it does not leave. I have no job nor anything to hold myself.. his mom is no help.
Does he use street drugs to self medicate? I have to ask.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I'm not religious so I don't believe in demons but I do believe voices can be very dangerous all the same, for me my medication is my best defense, using medication angers my voice and it throws verbal tantrums all the time but that just tells me how good they are for me and bad for my voice. If he's been prescribed medication it's best to take them.

I believe some of what his voice says is true but some of it is lies too, I also believe mine possessed me at one point but my meds seem to prevent that from happening again which is why they're so important for me to take.

Weed is in my opinion really bad and when I used weed in the past it powered up my voice to an incredible level, please try to get him to stop using this immediately.

I have my theories on what voices really are but I'm not sure if anyone would believe them or how helpful they may be to you.

J

JeanPierre

Maizy, how's it going today?
Please stay in touch and let us try to help you.