• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

psychopathology

A

Apotheosis

I would say that Carl Jung is the modern father of such things.

But such perspectives would I think go back further.

D

dreambuggieII

I'm suspicious.

It reads like it should have been titled Behaviourism.

How do you think Jung, would have written the section on psychology....is there something missing???

D

dreambuggieII

I know that's a lot to ask, but why do they change these department names?

This maybe a bit of a tangent, but I'm getting a bit miffed.

I'm still reading round apoth, but I just wanted to throw some questions in.

This book, http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayJournal?jid=DPP, comes from Dante Cicchetti - a guy based in USA.

He works at Rochester University, " The University is home to several noted schools and programs, including the number one ranked Eastman School of Music and The Institute of Optics, the oldest optics program in the United States."

Last whack of funding of $35M...is going on a number of projects, one of them contact lenses....i take it thats not nothing to do with the new trustee - who's an optics entrepreneur.

It's got a list of trusees as long as my arm...recent three additions - http://www.rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=3430.

All have business connections. Is this right?

Plus of of them is on the committee for Bio Defence here http://www.fas.org/search/index.html?cx=011272476961064978591:lx1cammk60s&cof=FORID:11&q=biodefence - man ...another crazy department. I mean these guys were researching into chemical warfare before Irag was accused of "weapons of mass destruction". I mean...what the fuck is mouse pox??

What do you think Apoth?

A

Apotheosis

Hi

I have posted a lot of what I think about things all over this site ~

Maybe I'm right, & maybe I am wrong. I like to think however that I am right, or I wouldn't post it at all.

It is all mainly about money, power, & social control. There are very few people that are motivated for a search for the truth, or who are interested in doing what is right, although some still are.

Money cannot be made in the same way from genuine psychological interventions; pharmacology is a massive multi Billion Dollar business, & so anything that openly contradicts that agenda is ignored, denied & suppressed.

In the West; we live in systems dominated by the Bio-Medical, Scientific Reductionist, materialistic, & Soul-less paradigms; there is no place for depth psychology, & soul centred therapy; perspectives & views. Science has killed both the Soul & God. Carl Jung warned of the folly & the dire consequences of where we are headed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Jung

Carl Gustav Jung (German pronunciation: [ˈkarl ˈɡʊstaf ˈjʊŋ]; 26 July 1875 – 6 June 1961) was a Swiss psychiatrist, an influential thinker and the founder of analytical psychology known as Jungian psychology. Jung's approach to psychology has been influential in the field of depth psychology and in countercultural movements across the globe. Jung is considered as the first modern psychologist to state that the human psyche is "by nature religious" and to explore it in depth. He emphasized understanding the psyche through exploring the worlds of dreams, art, mythology, religion and philosophy. Although he was a theoretical psychologist and practising clinician, much of his life's work was spent exploring other areas, including Eastern and Western philosophy, alchemy, astrology, sociology, as well as literature and the arts. His most notable ideas include the concept of psychological archetypes, the collective unconscious and synchronicity.

Jung emphasized the importance of balance and harmony. He cautioned that modern people rely too heavily on science and logic and would benefit from integrating spirituality and appreciation of unconscious realms. He considered the process of individuation necessary for a person to become whole. This is a psychological process of integrating the conscious with the unconscious while still maintaining conscious autonomy. Individuation was the central concept of analytical psychology
As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.

~ Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962

The life conclusions to Jung's work was the opposite of today's generally accepted views. It was that the primary causes of all mental health difficulties are predominately psychogenic in nature, i.e. psychologically caused. (except where brain injury can be definitely cited; & other forms of organic psychosis such as poisoning, as well as where there is a definite cause to the condition, such as nutrition etc). Except for biological nuances, Jung reached an entirely different conclusion to the pharmacological agenda.

To sum up his basic view of psychosis (& schizophrenia) ~ it is an overwhelming of the conscious mind by the content of the unconscious, as the psyche's natural response to a healing crisis; present in the pre-psychotic personalities need for deep change; & the entire process can be seen as a natural healing mechanism, & intrinsic to the human condition & natural workings of the mind.

He believed that severe mental illness was entirely treatable; including & especially schizophrenia; & that it could be cured with purely deep psychological means. In fact, he cured many of his patients.

Here is one such case of the complete recovery & cure of a catatonic paranoid schizophrenic using these means ~

http://www.dantescure.com/

It is the opposite view of the orthodox, & incompatible with it. The orthodox says that mental illness is caused by abnormal biology. Jung says that there is no abnormal biology; but that the pathological biology is a cause of, & nuances of the psychogenic state; & is secondary, or an effect of/to the psychosis.

What do we do here? We have one camp that swears blind that mental illness is all biological conditions, & that the only course of action is medical interventions that target the operating of the brain; namely psychoactive drugs (electro-shock therapy; & more so in the past psycho-surgery & all the other barbarism). & you have those on the opposite side that say that this biological view is totally wrong. Maybe a balanced perspective is in order? But the paradigms are at polar opposites, orthodox bio-medical psychiatry is totally incompatible with these more holistic, trans-personal & deeper psychological paradigms. There is no place for such 'Jungian' methods in Bio-Medical psychiatry; where mental illness is reduced to a purely biological condition, a brain disease, a genetic predisposition; that leads to chemical imbalances & pathological brain changes. That there is virtually no evidence of any kind that this bio-medical view is true (in fact all the evidence; scientific & anecdotal points to the bio-medical view not being true); makes no difference to the pharmacological orthodox psychiatric system & the way it operates, & makes little difference to the majority of people aligning themselves to that view, & swallowing whatever lies they are told in relation to all this. For what lies at it's core ~ is social engineering, massive profits, & purely materialistic agendas.

It would also seem that very few people actually want to address these points, & concerns. It is for many people far better to just buy the story that they have a biological condition that they can do nothing about, to take a tablet, & largely ignore & deny anything that contradicts that position. But is that really the solution?

Last edited:
D

dreambuggieII

Apoth,

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply.

You've got a great diplomatic style of delivery and its good to hear someone say these things.

It frightens me at times, with real fear about what the truth is.

There's a friend of mine, that won't read this "counter argument" in politics because it frightens him. Do you get me? There's an awful lot of questions Apoth - really there are too many questions.

I guess what I fear the most, more so then my life, as its okay - to an extent. I don't have financial fears just yet. I know I will survive, even though it maybe selling on ebay <christ, the thought of it..>

If the educated masses keep piping out stuff without being held to question - like whats happening now. Bills going through, laws being made. Its the circle of money that sickens me to death. How much do you fucking need.

I'm sorry that wasn't too eloquent a sentence, but its a real pain this. And its hitting my door...My exsistance is being squeezed....who's gonna ask the questions when the internet gets clamped, vetted etc etc.

Whatever. Whatta waste...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rX7lOk2H8eo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rX7lOk2H8eo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

A

Apotheosis

Good Video.

I know what you are saying & where you are coming from.

A

Apotheosis

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8TLD3Z6sJWA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8TLD3Z6sJWA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​