• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

psychologists are money-orientated and don't provide good market service

M

mentalhealth1443

psychologists are money-orientated and don't provide good market service

the receptionist says 'dr. **** does do phone consultations but must be paid in advance'. how rude! i texted back explaining that i wanted an interview to talk about treatment methods for just 5 mins. The last time he calls back at 12pm when I have no idea what to say as is usually the case because I forget things easily. This is because my emotions are too overwhelming to know all at once. He doesn't tell me when he will call, and there's no way for me to explain that I sleep during the day and need a specific time. I told them how about 4pm monday and i get that message back. If I was a psychologist I would be happy to comply. He only charges $180/50 mins - my previous charged $200. How possibly could an extra client hurt? He treats me so coldly. The mcdonalds employee knows you don't upset the customer. I'm looking for the best psychologist, but they don't have difference between my money or someone elses. I should be treated politely since i have low self esteem and they should cater for that (as it is simple to do so). It makes me feel uncomfortable with the psychologist from now on - obviously he just wants my money - i feel insecure. I don't like to force myself to talk to someone I'm not comfortable with! How do I know whether he will be nice?

All of them are like this - the person to break the trend will become a monopoly. I saw this lady for 2 sessions and she was so stingy with the information she gave me. She prolonged the sessions by talking about meaningless, unhelpful things like who was paying for my sessions and dragged it out. Only 10 mins were pure therapy. I told her at the beginning that I didn't think we were getting anywhere. Her repsonse was you can go out the door! Does it really hurt to actually fulfill your clients needs when you can? Another wants to do 1-2 sessions of 'assessment' before proceeding. I know perfectly well my problem, I've been diagnosed more than enough times by idiots anyway, as if they're opinion is necessary. I've had depresion and anxiety since I was 15. She won't budge once again, and seems to want me for the long haul or nothing at all. She only charges $160/session - I don't understand why she hates her clients.

No psychologist seems to care. Obviously. I see the greedy smile on their faces as they rub their hands together to take your cash. "Ahhh, thank you for your payment, I received it" *greedy contempt smile* It's lonely. Even the government with all its programs just see you as an economic liability. That's why they play a role in this - to make you spin their economy round again. Happy or miserable doesn't concern anyone.

GreenEmerald

GreenEmerald

I know how you feel about pdocs and psychologists. Im in the same boat.