• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

psychiatrists appointment

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I've got a psych appt tommmorrow and it's on my mind that i'll need a suitable reference from her for the benefit people, i have a certain control over how i present, i could have a hot bath beforehand, i could relax in the faith room at the hospital.

I remember Enfield mind saying i present as well and that's why they refuse me help

the real me will still be the real me whether i do the above

I wrote her a letter talking about the drugs making me tired, people like her think there is a drug cure which requires the right drug, i've got used to the one i'm on and don't want a change

REmember phoning up mindline this guy said you can only chooose whether to take drugs you can't choose what drug i said if i come off drugs i go mad the guy got upset, i felt mindline had an agenda

I unfortunately have got it into my head that the psychiatrist is part of the benefit system, her referance effects the level of benefits

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Just to say as a blog that the psychiatrist has said i'm approaching the chronic stage of my illness, at the same time she says she intends to close my case, she says the management of chronic illness is the same throughout medicine that residual schitzoprenia means just that that i haven't got positive symptoms but a few negative ones

She says she's wiling to write a letter about housing i said whats the point i'll just get the same elsewere she says i see the glass as half empty and some people are just naturally pessimistic

I said her gps letters aren't strongly worder enough for the benefit people she says she can't lie and some of her patients she considers deserving have been turned down

all in all a mass of comtradictions what happens when you try to pin them down

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry you're having such a bad time with the benefits.I cant get any myself.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I'm not having a bad time with the benefits thats one good thing, last year they sent me the incapacity for work questionairre, i got into a terrible state, then i convinced myself i needed to be in that state to pass, the gp said he'd spoken to them and they won't bother me for a year, at least thats what i remember, it all seems one big hallucination to me, i kept saying to the gp they told me i was stabilised on drugs and could lead a nrmal life he kept saying easy peasy

F

firemonkee57

I've got a psych appt tommmorrow and it's on my mind that i'll need a suitable reference from her for the benefit people, i have a certain control over how i present, i could have a hot bath beforehand, i could relax in the faith room at the hospital.

I remember Enfield mind saying i present as well and that's why they refuse me help

the real me will still be the real me whether i do the above

I wrote her a letter talking about the drugs making me tired, people like her think there is a drug cure which requires the right drug, i've got used to the one i'm on and don't want a change

REmember phoning up mindline this guy said you can only chooose whether to take drugs you can't choose what drug i said if i come off drugs i go mad the guy got upset, i felt mindline had an agenda

I unfortunately have got it into my head that the psychiatrist is part of the benefit system, her referance effects the level of benefits
Since these welfare reform changes i keep wondering whether mental health workers primary agenda is to help support government policy rather than be their for their client's needs.

At times i can present as articulate,highly intelligent, and together. It would not be immediately noticeable on a cursory interaction that i had mental health problems .
It's quite a different situation when i feel pressurised and am stressed.Then the wheels start flying off the wagon metaphorically speaking.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I'm told i should look on the bright side, that i'm functioning on a high level for my illness and that i haven't been in hospital recently, inane platitudes as one guy put it about his care

Asked her what care i should be getting and who should provide it, she said what care do you think you need, i said i'm asking you, she didn't answer.

Just phoned mindline about what services they went on their database and everything i already knew, they sugested connections, i phoned up and got a fax i've since discovered it's for young people.

What do i want? well instead of offering me an awful day centre, i doubt i'd get support there if the people are anything like the mi people i know, they'll ask you for support but when you neeed support they won't want to know, the staff will just sit in the staff room talking about the people in the most vicious way.

I asked for direct payments were what care your offered is made into money for you to buy your own things but the psychiatrist said neither her or her coleagues have heard of it.

There is a place my mi friends have suggested i move to, but whether or not the place claims to accept self referals you need a social wankers reference, sorry about the language maybe it'll be deleted

I said to the psychiatrist i'm in a totally different situation to the other chronics they've got family support

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
The police have been round again, i said "why are you ringing my bell i haven't done anything as far as i know" my black neighbour they were accusing of harrassing the alky, i felt like defending him but best not to get involved, i did say when the police came in, it's the alcoholic you should be talking to

Heard of this mental health housing, my friend said your better off out the system and i'd get paranoid, i said "thats easy to say if your living in a 600k house"

Can't take much more, god knows what it's doing to my dopamine levels i really need to move

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Schizophrenia Forum 5
L Schizophrenia Forum 1
L Schizophrenia Forum 5