Psychiatrist says I have Bipolar II symptoms

C

Curiousk2019

Sorry it's kind of long. I have an appointment tomorrow for my second therapy session. He says I have symptoms of bipolar but not quite sure yet. I erote everything down for him because i forget to tell him things. No family history of mental illness except great grandmother was paranoid schizophrenic. Here's what I wrote. Does anyone else get these symptoms? Or do these things?
Sleep 3-4 and be energized. Irritable and will make huge scene at very small problems, easily distracted won't finish things I start like even doing dishes. Thoughts race constantly, embarassing and unsafe sexual encounters, go through phases wherr I leave long term relationship even though I don't want to. Always go back when it's over. I will think I'm better than everyone else. Have thought i was an important member of an outlaw gang, but in my head, use drugs and drank everyday, i make up conversations in my head apparently and get very angry when someone tells me that we've never had a certain conversation, get big ideas that I'm goingto go to school to be multiple things. Put me 30,000 in debt doing that. Will clean constantly and keep cleaning same object until perfect. Extreme love for lifr where you can just feel your heart swell with happiness.

H

Hydrophobia

Sorry it's kind of long. I have an appointment tomorrow for my second therapy session. He says I have symptoms of bipolar but not quite sure yet. I erote everything down for him because i forget to tell him things. No family history of mental illness except great grandmother was paranoid schizophrenic. Here's what I wrote. Does anyone else get these symptoms? Or do these things?
Sleep 3-4 and be energized. Irritable and will make huge scene at very small problems, easily distracted won't finish things I start like even doing dishes. Thoughts race constantly, embarassing and unsafe sexual encounters, go through phases wherr I leave long term relationship even though I don't want to. Always go back when it's over. I will think I'm better than everyone else. Have thought i was an important member of an outlaw gang, but in my head, use drugs and drank everyday, i make up conversations in my head apparently and get very angry when someone tells me that we've never had a certain conversation, get big ideas that I'm goingto go to school to be multiple things. Put me 30,000 in debt doing that. Will clean constantly and keep cleaning same object until perfect. Extreme love for lifr where you can just feel your heart swell with happiness.
It sounds to me like you could have Bipolar, but I’m not a physician. I would make sure that your doctor knows that so he can diagnose you. :hug:

C

Curiousk2019

It sounds to me like you could have Bipolar, but I’m not a physician. I would make sure that your doctor knows that so he can diagnose you. :hug:
I hold back details because I'm embarassed to tell anyone things. Especially a psychiatrist

H

Hydrophobia

I hold back details because I'm embarassed to tell anyone things. Especially a psychiatrist
I’m sorry to hear that. I have the same problem. But I would still make sure that you tell your doctor what he needs to know. If it’s just some meaningless detail then you don’t have to tell him. Just make sure he knows what is needed.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Copy what you have written here and take it to the doc. All you have written sounds text book and he needs to know this to be able to help you. Meds aren't the only answer but they do help with bipolar a lot. I was put on a mood stabiliser and my first reaction once I was on it a little while was "is this how most people feel most of the time?" I had never felt balanced and in control of my life before. It was wonderful to not cause mega headaches for my family any more. I also had therapy which helped me to recognise when I was getting OTT and meant I didn't put us into debt again.

I hope you are OK with telling him everything - don't worry, he's heard it all before elsewhere so no need to be embarrassed.

C

Curiousk2019

Copy what you have written here and take it to the doc. All you have written sounds text book and he needs to know this to be able to help you. Meds aren't the only answer but they do help with bipolar a lot. I was put on a mood stabiliser and my first reaction once I was on it a little while was "is this how most people feel most of the time?" I had never felt balanced and in control of my life before. It was wonderful to not cause mega headaches for my family any more. I also had therapy which helped me to recognise when I was getting OTT and meant I didn't put us into debt again.

I hope you are OK with telling him everything - don't worry, he's heard it all before elsewhere so no need to be embarrassed.
Thanks. I laid it all out today. Except for a few details that i actually did write here. Too embarrassed. I have to go back weekly now until I can get in to talk about meds. He mentioned mood stabilizers. I described how destructive I was during my last manic episode in 2015 and he told me that really added a lot of insight. Then I said I was close to doing it all again this year but convinced myself to wait until I saw a professional before I self destructed my life if I could help it.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Great! I hope that you can find yourself on a balance soon. It does mean you don't get the good side of highs but it also means that you get control over your life again.

J

jack black

if it was a destructive mania, looks more like bipolar 1, i guess treatment is similar though.

megirl

megirl

Please dont feel embarrassed about any symptoms/behaviours/emotions as many people experience similar. As a health professional myself nothing surprises us. We are only human after all. More you can explain what is happening for you the easier it can be to treat

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Bipolar Forum 2