• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Psychiatrist Cancelled Too

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I went to see my psychiatrist this morning, and when I got there I found out that he was dealing with another patient in crisis and had to be rescheduled for next Friday. I can't wait until next Friday. I need someone NOW.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
What do you need them for? change in meds?

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
He monitors my meds and checks in with me to see how I'm doing. Prescriptions they can fax to the pharmacy, but not having seen my therapist for 5 weeks now I really needed to talk. I am in crisis too, but apparently the only kind of crisis that anyone pays attention to is if you try to kill yourself. I tried calling a help line, but they are busy and just got voice mail. I can't stop crying long enough to leave an intelligible message so I just hung up.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
Maybe ring back and see if they are free, are there any other help lines you could call?

pepecat

pepecat

Do you get to speak to your therapist today as well - that must be soon? Might she be able to suggest something?

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
She's supposed to call me in a little over an hour. But I am so scared that she won't call. And if she doesn't call, I am so scared of what I might do.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
She did call, thank God. We talked for half an hour, and that was good. She said she is starting to feel better, and we should be able to meet next week. I am so emotionally exhausted. I am going to get out for a walk this afternoon by the river, so if I'm not on here for awhile don't get worried.

M

mumdownunder

She did call, thank God. We talked for half an hour, and that was good. She said she is starting to feel better, and we should be able to meet next week. I am so emotionally exhausted. I am going to get out for a walk this afternoon by the river, so if I'm not on here for awhile don't get worried.
Thanks for letting us know you have spoken to your therapist and that you feel able to go for a walk. Stay safe

pepecat

pepecat

I'm really pleased! That's good. I"m glad you feel better about it all, and that you're calmer about it as well. :)

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It was just so good to hear her voice, even though I couldn't meet with her in person. And by the questions she asked me and the things she said, I really felt like she cares.

It was really beautiful by the river today. The sun was shining and it was so warm. It got up to 11 degrees Celsius, and for awhile I just sat on a bench and watched the ducks on the water.

Gajolene

Gajolene

Definately much warmer where you are than here in Ontario. We've been frozen all week. Glad you were able to get in touch and are feeling better to Prairie.:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
whiteflags330 Mental Health Experiences 3
Bunny1981 Mental Health Experiences 12