Psychiatrist Admits Mental Illness Is Caused By Demonic Possession

supergreysmoke

supergreysmoke

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Everyone has a right to believe in whatever voodoo they like, or not, but they shouldn't be working in pyschiatry whilst holding deeply primitive beliefs that could endanger patients, or prolong suffering/delusional states. They should be struck off exactly like a religious fanatatic passenger plane pilot should be....

schizolanza

schizolanza

I see no base to the concept of demons and spirits it seems very old testament
I see no base to the concept of the article itself. If you can even call it that. I tried to read it all...

Last edited by a moderator:
TiredTina

TiredTina

Admin
I found the title of the article mind-boggling, to think that a mh professional would make that statement seems odd to say the least. I did some investigating. More understandable when you see that it came from News Punch, see below (makes more sense now :whistle:)

NewsPunch - Wikipedia

D

dewey

Everyone has a right to believe in whatever voodoo they like, or not, but they shouldn't be working in pyschiatry whilst holding deeply primitive beliefs that could endanger patients, or prolong suffering/delusional states. They should be struck off exactly like a religious fanatatic passenger plane pilot should be....
Exactly

megirl

megirl

Sorry thats a load of bullshit. Mental illness is that an illness
It can affect anyone

megirl

megirl

I can imagine myself (as a health professional myself) standing in front of the whole mental health team saying that actually demonic possession is the cause of mental illness sorry but thats absolute rubbish.

N

NacMacFeegle

In my opinion, no disrespect to anyone of religious or spiritual beliefs, it would be better described as "an altered state of conciousness", rather than attributing conditions to external spiritual entities...

LizBo

LizBo

Hi @AliceinWonderland
Thanks for the insight on your experiences; I feel for you but am also proud of your achievements.

It might be wise to read the whole article; I did and was surprised at the credentials, experience and disclosures of the writer/psychiatrist. Interesting stuff.

The brain is an amazing organ with only a portion of its abilities 'Known or Accepted' within fields of science and academia. Theologian's tend to address spiritualism as a first port of call and although tolerant, can be critical with empirical evidence. Science wants to see it, smell it, taste it, feel it or have it present itself within the boundaries of - chemical charts, the microscope, on a scan or via peer supported accepted theory.

My personal experience tells me there's much more to learn about that's 'out there' lurking in the ether waiting for vulnerable souls to interfere with.

LizBo

LizBo

I found the title of the article mind-boggling, to think that a mh professional would make that statement seems odd to say the least. I did some investigating. More understandable when you see that it came from News Punch, see below (makes more sense now :whistle:)

NewsPunch - Wikipedia
Is it a case of 'Shoot the Messenger' or 'Anyone can edit Wikipedia'?

And, mainstream media have a lot to answer to, especially printing propaganda for Govt's all over the world. Ergo...War in Iraq!!

TiredTina

TiredTina

Admin
Is it a case of 'Shoot the Messenger' or 'Anyone can edit Wikipedia'?

And, mainstream media have a lot to answer to, especially printing propaganda for Govt's all over the world. Ergo...War in Iraq!!
Sorry I don’t understand the bit about editing Wikipedia.

schizolanza

schizolanza

I can imagine myself (as a health professional myself) standing in front of the whole mental health team saying that actually demonic possession is the cause of mental illness sorry but thats absolute rubbish.
I wonder how many psychiatrists keep quiet about their personal beliefs for fear of ridicule. It's not just the Catholic church and other Christian churches that believe in demons. Islam teaches it too. Critical posts about Christianity are a daily occurrence here. Anyone feel like doing the same to Muslim beliefs?

schizolanza

schizolanza

It is an interesting article and I probably believe what he is saying, that demonic possession exists and has fallen under the umbrella of mental illness. he's not saying that all mental illness can be explained by demonic possession, although lots of voice hearers say their experiences are spiritual.
I agree with you Helen. But I don't find the article interesting. If the psychiatrist got sectioned that would be I suppose. Lol.

supergreysmoke

supergreysmoke

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Muslims, Boris Johnson was spot on, in the papers yesterday. Got a lot wrong. Not that though...

Not accurate to the year, but the notion is spot on...

LizBo

LizBo

Sorry I don’t understand the bit about editing Wikipedia.
Wikipedia info can be changed/edited through relevant channels. I only use it to check key facts like names, dates etc for this reason. Anything related to opinion is probably an addition.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

I wonder how many psychiatrists keep quiet about their personal beliefs for fear of ridicule. It's not just the Catholic church and other Christian churches that believe in demons. Islam teaches it too. Critical posts about Christianity are a daily occurrence here. Anyone feel like doing the same to Muslim beliefs?
I criticized and questioned Islam and my post got edited. I've done the same with Judaism and christianity too. But those posts never got edited. It's a double standard and unfair to the Christian's on this site. I am sorry.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

All this anti Christian stuff makes me wonder if I'm being attacked?
I am not attacking you Schizolonza. I'm just questioning things. I'm not a Christian but I still have some love and respect for Jesus Christ. The concept of the Holy Spirit is still beautiful to me. I still have Bibles and Jesus candles. I'm just a confused mess. Religion has harmed and caused me to suffer so much. But I promise that I am not attacking any religion just questioning them. I'm definitely not attacking any member on this site either. :hug:

supergreysmoke

supergreysmoke

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I dig Jesus but you don't see many people living the way he preached, and self-affirming Christians seem the worst for saying one thing and doing another.