Psychiatrist Admits Mental Illness Is Caused By Demonic Possession

H

Helen73

It is an interesting article and I probably believe what he is saying, that demonic possession exists and has fallen under the umbrella of mental illness. he's not saying that all mental illness can be explained by demonic possession, although lots of voice hearers say their experiences are spiritual.

sadpunchingbag

sadpunchingbag

I see no base to the concept of demons and spirits it seems very old testament

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

It is an interesting article and I probably believe what he is saying, that demonic possession exists and has fallen under the umbrella of mental illness. he's not saying that all mental illness can be explained by demonic possession, although lots of voice hearers say their experiences are spiritual.
Yea I agree that not all mental illness is demonic related

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
He's almost got it, replace Demonic for Daemonic and he's on the right track.

A persons Daemon (the mind they share a body with) can actually take control of the body completely under certain circumstances, mine did it to me during my psychosis by saturating my body with DMT and Opioids naturally produced by glands in the brain to increase Dopamine levels, illegal drugs and alcohol can do the same, ever thought "I'm not me when I drink" or thought that about someone else? Well it's the Daemon that takes control.

Many native American tribes used to take drugs and let their Daemons dance around a fire and have a jolly good time, they believed they were possessed by the spirits of their ancestors. And not just in north American cultures either.

Unfortunately for most of us here we have crazy Daemons that do nothing but bother us just because they're social outcasts and it's fun to them.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

A persons Daemon (the mind they share a body with) can actually take control of the body completely under certain circumstances, mine did it to me during my psychosis by saturating my body with DMT and Opioids naturally produced by glands in the brain to increase Dopamine levels, illegal drugs and alcohol can do the same, ever thought "I'm not me when I drink" or thought that about someone else? Well it's the Daemon that takes control.

Many native American tribes used to take drugs and let their Daemons dance around a fire and have a jolly good time, they believed they were possessed by the spirits of their ancestors. And not just in north American cultures either.

Unfortunately for most of us here we have crazy Daemons that do nothing but bother us just because they're social outcasts and it's fun to them.
So what's the difference between demon and daemon?

L

Lunar Lady

Thank you for explaining. I had never heard of a daemon before. xx

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
So what's the difference between demon and daemon?
I'm not really up on religion and demons but as far as I understand a demon is a dark entity from religion that comes from another realm that would enter the body and could only be removed with an exorcism, A Daemon already inhabits the body and has done since birth and cannot be separated from its Eidolon (our mind).

The main function of a Daemon is to help and guide us using their abilities but some go astray like mine and do the opposite.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

yeah and in true predictable style the media makes something dark into entertainment bit like a freindly pet gerbil

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I'm not really up on religion and demons but as far as I understand a demon is a dark entity from religion that comes from another realm that would enter the body and could only be removed with an exorcism, A Daemon already inhabits the body and has done since birth and cannot be separated from its Eidolon (our mind).

The main function of a Daemon is to help and guide us using their abilities but some go astray like mine and do the opposite.
Thanks for the explanation

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH2

I once called my local Catholic Church so they could perform an exorcism on me. I feared I was demon possessed because I kept having blasphemous images. Not going into detail though, too traumatizing. They told me that they would have their priest from Sacramento come to where I live and perform the exorcism. He never came. I kept calling about it. They always said he couldn't make it after all. Then they told me he stopped performing exorcisms. I swear my dysfunctional family and I may be demon possessed. Either that or cursed. I'm not a Christian anymore but that religion still haunts and terrifies me to this day.

soulsearcher

soulsearcher

I once called my local Catholic Church so they could perform an exorcism on me. I feared I was demon possessed because I kept having blasphemous images. Not going into detail though, too traumatizing. They told me that they would have their priest from Sacramento come to where I live and perform the exorcism. He never came. I kept calling about it. They always said he couldn't make it after all. Then they told me he stopped performing exorcisms. I swear my dysfunctional family and I may be demon possessed. Either that or cursed. I'm not a Christian anymore but that religion still haunts and terrifies me to this day.
Have you tried anywhere else?

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Admin
I've been harmed by the idea that mental illness is caused or influenced by demonic possession. Many years ago when I first became seriously unwell (I was in my early 20s) I belonged to a church that believed my illness was down to demonic influences, and they carried out an exorcism on me. It wasn't horrific or anything, it was just people I knew and trusted praying for me and commanding the demons to leave. But there was a lot of control and judgement in it. They didn't like my behaviour, and wanted me to stop what I was doing and 'behave'. The inference was that because I was sinful and not obeying god, demons had infiltrated my life. Or that things that had happened to me had allowed demons to take up residence. So it was sort of blaming me for my mental health problems. Judging me. And crucially, saying that being mentally unwell was somehow my fault, and something I could stop doing if I tried harder and was a better Christian. Of course the 'exorcism' made no difference, and there were no demons to come out. Or at least only the metaphorical ones of a childhood of trauma and abuse, which have taken years of therapy to acheive healing from. The danger is that people see exorcism as a quick cure, and this could dissuade people from getting professional help, psychiatric or otherwise (therapy I mean). The other danger is that demons suggest a person is influenced by evil, which to my mind is mediaeval thinking, we know better than that in the modern age. There is nothing evil or bad about a person having a mental illness. That church believed they had all the answers and professional help was not as effective as god's intervention, or was even a sign of weakness to seek. Totally wrong and dangerous thinking imo. I'm very surprised a psychiatrist would endorse this idea, I haven't read the article though, is the headline actually what they said? I'm not religious any more, it's not for me, but I respect other people's religious beliefs, as long as they're not trying to have a monopoly on 'the truth', or trying to persuade others to agree with them, it's a personal choice what you believe.

supergreysmoke

supergreysmoke

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Unlikely to be demonic or you could go down to the mall and buy a can of demon repellant and that'd cure mental illness. Doesn't happen like that. In all my years never seen spiritual healing grow back a missing leg, what chance a missing brain? Mostly religion is about money in my opinion, they want a slice of the monies that are brought in by the mindfulness therapy industry. So demons.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dewey

What a lot of quackery.... this is disturbing, backwards thinking which will take us back to the days of witchhunts