• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Psychedelic therapy and integration

M

Mindful Entity

Hello!
I have been experimenting with various psychedelics. I really believe that they have the potential to heal and help us. But my problem is that after the trip is over and I come back to my normal state of consciousness, most of the revelations and insights fade away. What are your views on this? How has psychedelic therapy worked for you? How do you take the most from using these substances and what approaches do you take to integrate these experiences more deeply in your daily life?
Thank you!

Z

Zoe1

hi Mindful Entity :welcome:

I think that treating a mental illness with psychedelics is dangerous
even in experienced hands
its kind of taking you in the opposite direction
to where you need to go

it probably takes you to a place of increased isolation

I hope you find the forum helpful

:grouphug:

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
As these psychedelics are illegal in most countries I doubt you'll find many here who can relate, they can be very unpredictable and dangerous when used outside of medical trials.

But I have seen two documentaries that explore these substances.

Neurons to Nirvana - Understanding Psychedelic Medicines and...

DMT - The Spirit Molecule

Both documentaries are available on YouTube.

I was experiencing the effects of psychedelic drugs without actually taking any during my two episodes of psychosis so I was curious about them, from the DMT documentary I learned that some of the subjects from that study experienced DMT like trips sometimes years after they participated in the study without actually taking any more DMT, this lead to me to understand the Pineal gland is capable of producing this DMT but usually in small amounts that get broken down by an enzyme produced by the liver so we're not all walking around tripping all day long and I surmised my Pineal gland was somehow overproducing DMT which led to me having delusions and hallucinations.

As this imbalance happened to me twice I'm now on anti-psychotics that have so far prevented this imbalance from occurring again. But I find it fascinating that every human and possibly other species all have trace amounts of psychedelics in their system and that these imbalances could possibly occur in anyone at any time.

Sorry I haven't answered any of your questions and went off on a bit of a tangent, may I ask what about yourself you believe needs healing and why you've chosen to self medicate using these substances instead of seeking out professional help?