• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Psych ward

N

Nina998

First day at home wasn't easy. My daughter's best friend's mother passed away on weekend. She died from a cancer. Life is so unfair and cruel. It got me thinking of death all day. And I am so sad for this girl who has to face the world without a mother to guide her.

This raised so many hard feelings. I have an urge to harm myself to make these feelings go away. This girl is coming to our home tomorrow after school. How can I look at her without tears. How can I make her forget the pain at least for a minute. Make her enjoy my daughter's company like what happened was just a bad dream. What can I do for her?

Tomorrow's the second ECT treatment. I am afraid it doesn't help this time. I mean if it didn't, what else there is to do anymore.

N

Nate

I was put in a psych ward today for a depressive episode. This is the first time this year so it's some kind of a record. This is my 8th time at this ward in two years. So I am a regular customer. All nurses remember me.

This time I went to a hospital before I did something to myself. Seems like I've learned something. I was wise enough to ask my husband take me to a hospital. I was actually here yesterday too. I waited four hours to meet a psychiatrist then I gave up and wanted to kill myself.

I am not planning to stay long. Maybe 1-2 weeks. I've been in this situatuation so many times I know what helps me. I want to be pro-active. I also want ECT. And I need to get over this crisis at hand.
I would really be careful about ect there can be some nasty side effects. I had about 80 ect treatment's within the last 10 years and my memory has been effected.

N

Nina998

I would really be careful about ect there can be some nasty side effects. I had about 80 ect treatment's within the last 10 years and my memory has been effected.
I've had 30 and my memory is already ruined. So I've got nothing to lose.

N

Nina998

I was officially discharged from hospital today. Hope I will not end up there very soon. I've really done hospital a lot during the last two years. This was 8th time.

ECT continues. Today was the second treatment. My head has been hurting all day but I managed to do little household work at home. Hope ECT helps. I am literally running out of options.

Upcoming Sunday is a real test for me. It's my niece's birthday party. Have to dress up, put my make-up on and try to survive among people. Not a piece of cake.

Happy weekend everybody. I will survive home life.

N

Nina998

I was discharged from hospital on last Friday. So I guess I am doing little better. Tomorrow's the fourth ect treatment. I am in okay spirits but I still don't get things done. Everyday life feels so hard especially now that the kids are back to school. Taking one day at a time.

N

Nate

I was discharged from hospital on last Friday. So I guess I am doing little better. Tomorrow's the fourth ect treatment. I am in okay spirits but I still don't get things done. Everyday life feels so hard especially now that the kids are back to school. Taking one day at a time.
Well I hope the ECT goes well. Hopefully you'll have few side effects.

M

markprosso538

that's awesome, I'm glad you got help and were open, I've always struggled with that. Best of Luck!

N

Nina998

I've been at home three weeks since I got discharged from hospital. I got ECT six times and my own pdoc put me on waiting list to get six times more. So now I am waiting to get back to ECT.

The wait feels forever. They made a huge mistake to discharge me and end my ECT treatment. I am not doing good. I get things done but I am not in good spirits. I don't want to do anything. My concentration is a joke. I can't even read. My memory is another big joke. Everyday life (with kids) is a too big of a challenge for me. And I am self-harming to deal with these symptoms.

I've got a scheduled appointment with my psychiatric nurse in a week. I guess I just have to survive till that. I don't want to go back to psych ward but I don't know what to do.

N

Nina998

Please somebody tell me something... Anything to get by this hard time

M

markprosso538

Have you done ECT before? Did it have any positive results?

M

markprosso538

thats good i never knew anyone that's gotten it before.

P

Prycejosh1987

I was put in a psych ward today for a depressive episode. This is the first time this year so it's some kind of a record. This is my 8th time at this ward in two years. So I am a regular customer. All nurses remember me.

This time I went to a hospital before I did something to myself. Seems like I've learned something. I was wise enough to ask my husband take me to a hospital. I was actually here yesterday too. I waited four hours to meet a psychiatrist then I gave up and wanted to kill myself.

I am not planning to stay long. Maybe 1-2 weeks. I've been in this situatuation so many times I know what helps me. I want to be pro-active. I also want ECT. And I need to get over this crisis at hand.
You need to be determined to let these issues go, i went to a psych ward once and said to myself its the first and last time. I did enjoy the company and free food, and the beds are nice.