Psych, School Reports, Invasion privacy

I

IDKMaybe

I've been seeing a psychologist in conjunction with my mum to try and sort out some issues in our relationship mainly stemming from her not believing me when I told her about my cousins physically assaulting me.(this started when I was six, I'm now late 30's) At my last appointment with the psych, she informed me she had already asked my mother for my school reports to see if anything shows up in them. When she told me this I started to panic and cry, I was 6 or younger when the abuse started, what is likely to show up in my reports? If nothing shows up, is she and my mum going to think I'm lying? Is this an invasion of my privacy? I feel like I should have been asked before my mother, these are my reports about me.
Psych told me she didn't tell my mum why she wanted the reports, but my mum isn't an idiot, she will look over them, she will make her own judgements, if nothing shows up it will give more credence to mums theory that I'm lying.

claude

claude

wow this sounds tough. I'm sorry for what you are going through, it must be so incredibly painful to not be believed. Are you getting any other support? Perhaps there are groups in your area for survivors of childhood abuse? Sometimes family members cannot deal with the suffering of their loved ones and react in very damaging ways that further hurts their loved ones. You need and deserve better support than this, I hope you can find a more healing space to deal with these issues :hug: Keep posting on the forum, we will do our best to support you. I think there are many people here who have sadly suffered abuse as well, you might find someone who can relate to talk to

C

Candy19

if the abuse was taken to the police or noticed by school or you had any social services seeing your family, then it is likely it would be on the reports
I do agree with you that its unfair you weren't told about this until now, you are an adult after all