• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Psych DOESN'T want me back on meds!

A

amber1

Wow, I was flabbergasted! Especially as this psych has a reputation for being somewhat hardline and medical model. I think (possibly) he has seen a lot of patients' physical health deteriorate on the meds and there were concerns about diabetes and cholesterol in my case. Also he sees people in a much worse condition than I appear to be in...I'm getting out and about, shopping, cooking, doing chores and joining in activities. So he considers the depression only mild to moderate. And I am overall in a more positive mindset now than for the couple of years when I was on three meds, after being off them for five months.

This is enormously hopeful in some respects, with the caveat that every day is a challenge and I have to find alternatives to the pill bottle for when I am anxious, sad or lonely. He wouldn't prescribe me any benzos and I am thinking about obtaining some online. I only ever use them when I really feel I need to and have never become addicted, but my docs all seem to be paranoid about ever prescribing them these days.

All in all though, I am happy (and surprised) the psych has affirmed my desire to manage without chemical help for the time being.

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Please don't get Benzos online.

You never know whether you are going to get a bad batch or not.

A

amber1

Well I have no other way of getting any and I've done it before with no ill effects. Have you had a bad experience?

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Not personally but I have heard plenty of stories of people who have.

You are playing a dangerous game.

P

Purple butterfly

Your playing Russian roulette and I wouldn't suggest it.... It's very dangerous you don't know what it is you are actually getting x..

Please don't get them online x

V

Viktoria

I wouldn't get them online either, you don't know what's in them and the positive effects could be placebo. I wouldn't do it. X

A

amber1

OK, well I wouldn't go as far as 'Russian Roulette' and 'playing a dangerous game' but I know it's probably not that great an idea, illegal and whatnot, so fair enough...sorry I mentioned it. I need to find other ways of getting through the bad times anyway without resorting to a substance.