• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Pstd

• Thread starter Sarahwilkinson drink
  • Start date
Racer

Racer

Hi Sarah, I have cptsd, i know how difficult it is to get through a day. I'm sorry you have to deal with this, as it isn't your fault at all. people should not have to go through this. i have found this forum very helpful and supportive, i hope you do too. glad you are here.

_Survivor_

Sarah, I suffer for cptsd from almost 4 years of sexual, physical, and emotional abuse on a daily basis. This that have helped me is the course of medications that have been prescribed to me by my Psychiatrist, my weekly session with my Therapist and most of all the support I get from my family on a daily basis. On June 24th, 2019 I was rescued from the horror I was in for almost 4 years of my life at the age of 19. I am now 21 and still everyday fell imprisoned just like I was for all that time due to the daily thoughts that enter my head, the nightmares and night terrors I get several times per night and the constant fear of leaving the house alone or being in the house alone. Those are some of the things that dealing with cptsd haunts me with daily. I am working hard to overcome these things and hope one day this will all be behind me. I hope you can find a Therapist that can help you cope and I also hope this forum can provide you with some needed support.