• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Pseudo-hallucinations

Rapha2003

Rapha2003

I have been diagnosed with Schizophrenia. I suffer from what I believe to be hallucinations or hearing voices. The voices can be very disturbing and upsetting at times and give me heart palpitations at night to the point that I can't sleep. The Psychiatrist I spoke to said that they are pseudo-hallucinations. Would anyone know what pseudo-hallucinations are?

B

BlueWater

I've experienced something called hypnagogic hallucinations. They occur as I am falling asleep or an hour or two into sleep. Mine have been visual, auditory and tactile and have always occurred while I'm stressed. Is this what your doctor means by pseudo-hallucinations?

S

Sporkie

I'm not sure what a psuedo hallucination is. I hear voices too. I have a voice named Robert whose been around for about a year. My psychiatrist said he's an auditory hallucination.

Rapha2003

Rapha2003

I've experienced something called hypnagogic hallucinations. They occur as I am falling asleep or an hour or two into sleep. Mine have been visual, auditory and tactile and have always occurred while I'm stressed. Is this what your doctor means by pseudo-hallucinations?
Hi Bluewater,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I haven't heard of hypnagogic hallucinations before, I will have to ask the Psychiatrist about that. Although I too suffer from auditory hallucinations and hour or two before I fall asleep and especially when I am stressed. They have been visual and tactile when I am very stressed in the past. I will also have to ask what is meant by pseudo-hallucinations. Sorry to hear of your suffering.

Thanks again.

Rapha2003

Rapha2003

I'm not sure what a psuedo hallucination is. I hear voices too. I have a voice named Robert whose been around for about a year. My psychiatrist said he's an auditory hallucination.

Hiya Sporkie,

Sorry to hear of your troubles with auditory hallucinations. My voices are all friends of my Sister's and have been around me for about 11 years now. I take medication for them but nothing seems to work. I hope your Psychiatrist can help you with your hallucinations of Robert. I will have to ask my Psychiatrist to explain what Pseudo-hallucinations really are.

Many thanks.

Q

Qusisea

Former member
Hiya Sporkie,

Sorry to hear of your troubles with auditory hallucinations. My voices are all friends of my Sister's and have been around me for about 11 years now. I take medication for them but nothing seems to work. I hope your Psychiatrist can help you with your hallucinations of Robert. I will have to ask my Psychiatrist to explain what Pseudo-hallucinations really are.

Many thanks.
Would I be right and say that sometimes we do recognize the 'voices' as former associates or family members. Would this be true for most suffers.

S

Sporkie

Thanks. Do ask your psychiatrist about pseudo hallucinations. I bet you can even find it on the internet.

I always recognize Robert's voice. Sometimes he pretends to be other people, which isn't cool but that's what he's been doing. I told him to stop tricking me and he said it's not a trick, it's a joke. My psychiatrist told me Robert is an auditory hallucination and that's when he started pretending to be other people. He says he's real and if he told me his last name I could look him up!

Q

Qusisea

Former member
Thanks. Do ask your psychiatrist about pseudo hallucinations. I bet you can even find it on the internet.

I always recognize Robert's voice. Sometimes he pretends to be other people, which isn't cool but that's what he's been doing. I told him to stop tricking me and he said it's not a trick, it's a joke. My psychiatrist told me Robert is an auditory hallucination and that's when he started pretending to be other people. He says he's real and if he told me his last name I could look him up!
Hi, hope you are keeping well, have you ever thought to actually attempt to lock him up.

Braveheart

Braveheart

🤗🤗