Psalm 91 - Protection and Justice

unwell

unwell

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High, who abides in the shadow of the Almighty, 2 will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress; my God, in whom I trust." 3 For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence; 4 he will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. 5 You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, 6 nor the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor the destruction that wastes at noonday. 7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand; but it will not come near you. 8 You will only look with your eyes and see the recompense of the wicked. 9 Because you have made the LORD your refuge, the Most High your habitation, 10 no evil shall befall you, no scourge come near your tent. 11 For he will give his angels charge of you to guard you in all your ways. 12 On their hands they will bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone. 13 You will tread on the lion and the adder, the young lion and the serpent you will trample under foot. 14 Because he cleaves to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. 15 When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will rescue him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him, and show him my salvation.

A

Ainsworth11

meaning; our form of justice from sense of self? the good over evil? etc etc. which could be from a biased opinion depending on how we see things. unless we accept god walks with us and we believe that he will allow the righteous to win. (?)

if so, nah, dont i buy into it.

unwell

unwell

our form of justice from sense of self? huh?

The righteous to win what?

I'm not sure what you are saying. Who hasn't done something bad. Who hasn't judge someone else as bad. It's not a concept of goodies vs badies.

M

mellonheadgirl

Considering the fact that Christians believe based on Scripture that God is the judge of good and evil I find it very hypocritical of you to post that Scripture and then claim that people judge good and evil in other people.

unwell

unwell

That's not hypocrisy. That's honesty. I've judged people as good and evil. Rightfully or wrongfully.

A

Ainsworth11

our form of justice from sense of self? huh?

The righteous to win what?

I'm not sure what you are saying. Who hasn't done something bad. Who hasn't judge someone else as bad. It's not a concept of goodies vs badies.
it is when you quote the bible.

this is like its running onto a karma crap thing? if so karma doesnt exist either. especially chav karma.

M

mellonheadgirl

Typical Christianity. Quoting the Bible while saying/doing the exact opposite. That's the definition of hypocrisy.

unwell

unwell

Quoting the bible is a goodies and badies statement? That misses the point of the quote altogether. It's cool if you don't believe in karma.

unwell

unwell

Well in context we'd been discussing revenge and justice and this was a follow on from that discussion. It seems common that people see justice as non-existant. I have a different view.

M

mellonheadgirl

I'm an agnostic Gnostic (ophite satanist). Meaning....IF god is real...and he created a shit world filled with assholes, I'd rather take Lucifer's side, as he was the only one with balls big enough to challenge the tyrant (god) and encourage us to think for ourselves and enjoy life without being threatened with Hellfire lol. In doing so he (Lucifer) became the true Creator and wise one of the earth.

Agnostic Gnostic Satanism is my own term, but based on satanic group from the 40's called the ophites who revered the serpent (Satan).

And of course this is all just my opinion.

unwell

unwell

It's been a long, long time since I hung out with christians. I see that you are taking their very literal translation of not judging others and transfered that onto me. Judge not lest ye be judged is refering to humility. That someone else is not worse than yourself. In fact we should put ourselves lower. But it would be stupid to not know whether someone's behavior is right or wrong. Also how would you forgive anyone had you not come to the conclusion that their behavior was wrong? You are saying chrisitians are mindless but really that is an attribute you've extrapolated to all people who believe in God.

So now that I have been judged as hypocritical, stereotypical and ignorant. May I be free to express my ideas without condemnation.

M

mellonheadgirl

I know exactly what the Bible says. It was pounded into my brain day after day nonstop. And if the only verse you can come up with is the regular old go to Scripture of judge not lest blah blah, then ya don't know the book ya quote. It doesn't matter though because it contradicts itself regarding that and everything else it says anyway! Not a very reliable book.

You can say whatever you want but don't quote Scripture on a mental health forum if you don't want passionate discussion.

I'm done now because nothing will come of a discussion like this.

Ok bye

Last edited by a moderator:
unwell

unwell

I don't mind you vehemently disagreeing with me. I don't mind you expressing your views.

Last edited by a moderator:
unwell

unwell

Obviously you have had bullshit ideas crammed down your throat which made you justifiably angry. Christianity has a lot to answer for. If God exists we'd have to question whether christians necessarily represent God.

bert tomato

bert tomato

I'm an agnostic Gnostic (ophite satanist). Meaning....IF god is real...and he created a shit world filled with assholes, I'd rather take Lucifer's side, as he was the only one with balls big enough to challenge the tyrant (god) and encourage us to think for ourselves and enjoy life without being threatened with Hellfire lol. In doing so he (Lucifer) became the true Creator and wise one of the earth.

Agnostic Gnostic Satanism is my own term, but based on satanic group from the 40's called the ophites who revered the serpent (Satan).

And of course this is all just my opinion.
I like God, I feel he is like a frail old man who didn't know what he did, and is vulnerable like the rest of us. Perhaps his more greedy, clever brother discovered it and proclaimed himself God. something like that.

unwell

unwell

The point of my posting the quote was to show that we don't need to feel the world is injust. But any interpretation of the bible requires the idea that God is a person. If you think of God as a man sitting in a chair, making judgements, expecting everyone to bow to him religion won't make a lot sense.

The quote is about surrender and love.