PSA: respect women

givethemhell

givethemhell

whatever your sexual relations are to women has nothing to do with their worth.

that is all. :yuck::thanks:

givethemhell

givethemhell

i read way too many posts here by men casually talking about women like they are lesser, not worthy of respect, tiny minded, etc etc etc

i came here to share my experience and connect with like minds, not to get infuriated constantly and feel demeaned for being a woman

givethemhell

givethemhell

PSA = public service announcement :peace:

FUBARLady, you are NOT inferior. don't let anyone make you feel otherwise. :hug1:
women are the reason we're all here. no man would ever exist without a woman since women are the ones with the power to give birth. and that's probably why men have, for so many centuries, created this lie of gender inequality. they teach women that they're weak and helpless without them because they are the most valuable humans, so men have turned them into objects like a commodity or valuable resource and it gives them power. it's all BS.

what makes you feel inferior? if you want to talk about it

givethemhell

givethemhell

also want to mention that's why i named myself "give them hell" here--what i mean by it is anyone who wrongs you or tells you that you're less than, well...they're wrong, so give 'em hell! :cool:

I

IWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH

I feel inferior to men because they are stronger and more intelligent than women. The worlds strongest woman is way weaker than the worlds strongest man. Men have higher i.qs. than women. Men are great inventors. No woman has ever became a coed world chess champion. Judit Polgar always lost to the best men. Women just don't have the brawn or brain men have.

T

Twokiwisandabanana

Sorry men do not have stronger IQs than women.
Where did you getbtha idea from?

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Men and Women are equals.
It is sad that gender inequality and gender roles are there but one day that gap will be broken down.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

The gender pay disparity, sexual harassment...at the end of the day, it comes down to lack of respect. Men and women both deserve to be treated with equal respect - while they may be better at different things, they are still equal overall. We all have to work together to create a future that entails respect for one another regardless of who we are or what we have done.

I'd be careful to label all men as culprits - there are many men that treat women with respect, and have backed the #metoo and other campaigns. I understand that men are the main perpetrators, but it unfairly brands innocent men as sexists when they have been fighting against this issue the whole time.

Much love <3

M

Mary26

I was going to recommend this website to others but before I do, I would like to read exactly what was said. Does anyone know where I can find it?

givethemhell

givethemhell

I feel inferior to men because they are stronger and more intelligent than women. The worlds strongest woman is way weaker than the worlds strongest man. Men have higher i.qs. than women. Men are great inventors. No woman has ever became a coed world chess champion. Judit Polgar always lost to the best men. Women just don't have the brawn or brain men have.
if you want to confirm everything i'm about to write, please do. but i already did, so trust what i'm about to write:
i'm not going to say "you're wrong" and make you feel bad, but everything you just said is skewed by the fact that you've been living in a patriarchal society where the rules are written by men and our understanding of the world is controlled by men.

there is no evidence to suggest that men have higher IQs, in fact quite the opposite. women tend to have higher IQs. women also tend to do better in school.

men are only physically stronger on average because they have more muscle in their body and tend to be larger. that has absolutely nothing to do with their worth or ability. for every strong man you find out there, you are sure to find many more who are not, and likewise, there are many strong women who are far stronger than those men. who cares about that anyway? that has no relevance other than in athletic competition if you're vying for a world's strongest title. :rolleyes:

why is does that seem important to you? because men have deemed it important.
you don't hear anyone saying "women can create life in a way men cannot" because our male controlled society consciously makes it so that we do not value the unique things that ONLY women can do.

i know there have been many great male inventors, as there have been women as well, as in other fields.
but have you considered that the ONLY reason you don't know of these women is not because they can't invent things, but because they are not ALLOWED to do these things in a patriarchal society? do you really think an educated, passionate inventor who happens to be a woman would have been listened to back in Edison's day for example? and going back further, definitely not! it's no coincidence that the women inventors we tend to know about happen to have been socially privileged and usually white. we don't know about these women not because they didn't exist, but because history has been written by (white) men.

as for chess, here's the very first search result i got when i searched online:
Why Men Rank Higher than Women at Chess (It's Not Biological)
basically, it has nothing to do with "women aren't as good as men"--it's simply that there are FAR fewer women participating since it's always been a game women were TOLD they shouldn't participate in.

i'll leave you with a silly little example of these misconceptions on men being better than women.
do you remember the tennis battle of the sexes between billie jean king and bobby riggs? she BEAT riggs in three sets. and that shouldn't be shocking.

the fact is, men are not greater than women. greatness is an individual quality, whether male or female.

Last edited:
givethemhell

givethemhell

you should report posts like that.
i did, so hopefully there's a bit more control over these things.
in light of everything going on in the world right now and in my own life, it's just super triggering to read that kind of stuff in a space that's supposed to feel safe, ya know?

givethemhell

givethemhell

I was going to recommend this website to others but before I do, I would like to read exactly what was said. Does anyone know where I can find it?
do you mean all the comments i've seen on this messageboard about women being less-than? it's be hard to find them all, there's alot. but actually, it's easy to find them, just find posts about dating women and you're sure to catch a comment like "i respect women, to some degree" <--(actual comment here)

but yeah, please do share the website you recommend!

Kerome

Kerome

whatever your sexual relations are to women has nothing to do with their worth.

that is all. :yuck::thanks:
However regrettable, it makes sense that on a forum as large as this one there are some people who have those attitudes. However much of the moderating team is composed of women so there’s a good chance they will take appropriate action.

I don’t think it’s the majority of posters though. Most people - and I read a lot of posts on here - are sensitive and sensible, if a little beaten up by life’s circumstances. If anything the dating threads attract the few bad apples though.

Last edited:
givethemhell

givethemhell

However regrettable, it makes sense that on a forum as large as this one there are some people who have those attitudes. However much of the moderating team is composed of women so there’s a good chance they will take appropriate action.

I don’t think it’s the majority of posters though. Most people - and I read a lot of posts on here - are sensitive and sensible, if a little beaten up by life’s circumstances. If anything the dating threads attract the few bad apples though.
yeah, i see that as well. everyone's going through their own shit here, and whether negative experiences with women are involved in their story, for every insensitive person, i see more sensitive ones who are quick to pointout that their feelings are NOT driven by gender bias. so that's re-assuring!

Seachad

Seachad

Respectfully, that isn't so.

I'm a man. In fact, I'm a fairly large bruiser of a man. I'm strong, deep-voiced, and although I don't try to be (and generally don't like the fact much) people tend to find me intimidating because of my size and my voice. If you ask the people who measured such things, in school, I'm also highly intelligent, but I don't put much stock in that because intelligence, of itself, doesn't necessarily mean much.

So. There, according to the standards you've set out above, are my credentials.

I've had the good fortune, in my life, to be raised by strong, intelligent, powerful, competent women, as well as by men who shared the same qualities. Tell my grandmother she wasn't as intelligent as any man. I'll be in the next county, when you do, by preference. *g.* Some of my most brilliant role models in life are women, just as some are men.

Brains? I'm intelligent, but I know women who're far, far more intelligent than I. Brawn? I'm strong, but I've known women who're stronger. While it's true that men tend to be better at feats requiring short bursts of strength, women tend to be better at feats requiring endurance of strength. They also tend to be better at enduring pain than men, overall. (Naturally, there are individual exceptions in all areas. I'm speaking in generalities here.)

Women aren't great inventors? Good heavens! Tell that to Marie Curie. Hedy Lamarr, the movie actress, developed a torpedo guidance system during WWII using frequency-hopping-spread-spectrum, which led to the modern development of Bluetooth and WiFi. Ada Lovelace was the first computer programmer, back in 1842. And I should probably also mention Admiral Grace Hopper, one of the pioneers of modern computing, known as "Amazing Grace" by her peers. That's just off the cuff. There are legions more, of course.

Also, IQ is...sort of an outdated concept. There are several different kinds of thinking, just as there are several different kinds of ways of applying strength. Men, speaking generally, tend to be better at some of them, statistically. Women at others. But individuals can always be exceptions. It isn't cut and dried.

Before the law, we should all of us be equal. Men, women, or those of us who identify as neither. That's unquestionable, so far as I'm concerned. Similarly, we should be paid equally for equal work. When it comes to matters of strength, endurance, or intellect, we each have our individual areas in which we excel and which we don't. I'm lousy at math, f'instance, while my partner (who was always told that she was worthless and inferior because she was female) is brilliant at it. So she does all the calculating, when it needs to be done, and she's welcome to it. I can do the math, but I have to work hard at it. To her, it simply comes naturally. Meanwhile, she asks me to come be tall for her, and open jars in the kitchen. And I've areas of knowledge regarding history and other subjects she's never studied. So she frequently asks me about those and then gets annoyed because I know something she doesn't. *g.*

We're not all equal in the sense that we've been stamped out of a set of cookie-cutters and are all the same. We each have our own individual strengths and weaknesses. And yes, statistically, men tend to be better at some things, while women tend to be better at others. But there are also exceptions to the statistical trends, so individuals will vary.

But women as a gender being inferior to men? No. Oh, dear gods, no. I may be an arrogant so-and-so, but I'm neither that stupid, nor that arrogant, that I'd make that claim. *g.*

You've just as much right to hold your head up and be proud of your gender as does any man. And anyone who says or thinks otherwise is sorely misguided.