• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

prozac

C

charlie17

has anyone been on this drug for hormones and does it help with sleep cos now at my wits end.

A

anastasia

charlie, prozac actually caused me to sleep less but it was only short lived.

C

charlie17

hi

what were the side effects where they bad?? i have high aniexty too?? im quiet sensitive to meds as it is..

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi there prozac made me more jittery and anxious but citralopram is has a calming affect and that has been much better for me:)

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Yeah JD I think it's still one of the front line drugs along with citalopram. It's just more often known by its generic name of fluoxetine these days.

A

Affective

I hated being on Fluoxetine, it actually made me more suicidal!

M

madsheep

I was on it for while. Made me more suicidal too.. apparently!

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Affective and madsheep, can I ask how old you are, cos there's been issues with some of these drugs, including prozac, with 18-25 year olds making them more suicidal.

S

*Sapphire*

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/758763.stm

I was put on this AFTER making a suicide attempt that almost succeeded. I was hospitalised shortly after for making further attempts. I am not sure now whether those further attempts were due to the Prozac or my original depression.

M

madsheep

Im currenlty 22. Was on them at the beginning of the year. So I spose I fit into that catagory. But then most of the drugs that I have been told to take in the past have that apparent side effect on people my age, so what are we supposed to take?:confused:

M

madsheep

lol. just read that article and says about Reboxatine. Been on that too. Didnt work and the suicidal thoughts got slightly worse. Maybe its just me...

R

Respecting myself

Was nuts on prozac - really nuts - I was on my own and it was awful - felt as though my world was falling in.

Amitryptiline - now you're talking, if you want to sleep this is wonderful stuff. Didn't like the dry mouth next day but it knocked me out for about 8 - 10 hours at a time.

I'm getting by with temazepam at the moment - not good but I need to switch off and with so much going on it is impossible so I need help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FloofyDoggos Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1