• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Propranolol

K

Keephope

So I have now been prescribed these tablets, just wondering if anyone else has been on these and could share there experiences 🤔

With my anxiety I can feel sick and get aches and pains, I'm a over thinker and worry about lots of things.

B

bpd2020

People react to medication differently. You could just give them a try and see if they help. It is always worth trying a medication rather then suffering with anxiety. I hope they help you.

T

Takingmybrain

I was on propanalol for migraines. It worked well for my anxiety too though. I hope it works well for you.

M

Mel123

I've been taking propranolol for a few weeks now. It only helps with the blocking of adrenaline for the most part for me. I can still get a break through panic attack sometimes. Its been really helpful in keeping my fight or flight under control. My doctor prescribed 10 mg and I tried taking half a pill first to make sure my body would do okay on it. So far so good. Hope you find relief soon!

T

Takingmybrain

I was on 80mg to start with, then 80mg twice a day. But my blood pressure and heart rate dropped way too low. I was wrongly given those doses as my blood pressure was lowish anyway. My doctor told me i shouldnt ever been given those doses. It helped with anxiety though.

L

Laudanum

I've been on them for a couple of years, but only take them when I have palpatations.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Its been brilliant for me. I find getting out of the house difficult due to anxiety and very high heart rate. I also have lorazepam as PRN (but wont drive when ive taken that, ) along with antidepressants duloxitine and mirtazipine. The only slight problem i had was when i was on 3 x 40mg a day and it made my blood pressure drop really low and i was passing out. Ive reduced to twice a day now and that works fine and no side effects

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
the dr gave it me for my compulsory basic training on a motorbike he said he gives it to everyone who wants something for the test, it was brillliant i asked the psychistrist whether he could give it me or whether it'd lose effect after a bit he said it can make you weak when you exercise but didn't prescribe it

gp recently offered it to me i said i don't want to get addicted he said it's not addictive i said they say the same off my drugs but it you prefer i'll use the word dependency i don't want 2 dependencys instead of 1, he said i don't like the word dependency either your taking meds to treat an illness

S

Samdog77

I've been on propranolol 40mg three times a day for a while now. It helps my heart rate, palpitations and anxiety. I used to take diazepam PRN, but propranolol is easier on my system. Hope it helps you too.xx

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i'd rather use exercise and meditation to handle anxiety than propanonol though i am taking sulpiride and know sometimes ecercise and meditation don't work

K

Keephope

i'd rather use exercise and meditation to handle anxiety than propanonol though i am taking sulpiride and know sometimes ecercise and meditation don't work
I find exercise useful but not that much also meditation is good but again doesn't work 100% would mind hearing what you do

GothicCrow

GothicCrow

i have been on propanonol for 2 months now, they are helping with my panic attacks. they started me off at 80mg but i thought they where to strong, so im now at 40mg one per day. I haven't had a panic attack since i have started them, they are good tablets. I hope they help you and prevent you from taking panic attacks.

C

CarrieRose

So I have now been prescribed these tablets, just wondering if anyone else has been on these and could share there experiences 🤔

With my anxiety I can feel sick and get aches and pains, I'm a over thinker and worry about lots of things.
I was given these a few years ago. Only 10mg tablets but was told I could take more if needed. They do seem to help my anxiety and palpitations without side effects.
Like you I get aches all over my body and worry constantly! I havent gone more than a mile or so from home in the last 6 years as I panic/hyperventilate.
I hope they help you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nirvana2991 Anxiety Forum 12