• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Propranolol

Lost_Darkness

Lost_Darkness

I've been prescribed propranolol for anxiety - my doctor was sure whether it would work as PRN?

He said I could take 2-3 a day, or try as needed, but didn't know how effective it would be.

Anyone tried it as PRN? Does it work, or would it need to be taken regularly?

Thanks.

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Hi, I was put on this a few months back, 40mg once a day. Within 2 days my physical symptoms had disappeared! Unfortunately they came back with a vengeance 3 weeks ago, so now I take 2 a day, with a review next week to up it to three a day.
I'm not sure if taking it prn would work - it doesn't have instant effects on me x

amathus

amathus

I take Propranolol every morning for anxiety. If I don't take it regularly I get horrible physical side effects.