Promised support is non-existent

shaky

shaky

Before I left hospital the psychiatrist told me he would arrange someone to watch over me and support me when I was discharged.
The CPN assigned to me visited and told me he'd ring me once a month to see if I was alright - and that's it.

I need someone to keep an eye on me and make sure I'm alright, not just a phone call once a month.
THis is no support at all.

Resourceperson

Resourceperson

I know this is hard for you.

If you wish I have an approvement from a chief psychologist to talk to People who struggle.

sincearly Yours Kenneth.

Last edited by a moderator:
vanish

vanish

:hug: I feel for you Shaky, I know how difficult obtaining support from organisations and agencies can be. In my country, with the rollout of the NDIS I received funding for a full-time support worker back in August. I'm still waiting to be appointed one. I've called several organisations but nobody is interested in helping me despite me willing to pay for it handsomely.
Mental health support is shocking at how minimalist it is.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
Can you ring up the CPN if you are bad?

fazza

fazza

shaky I am so so sorry you ended up in hospital. CMHT is very bad at allocating cpn's to those that need it. I have fired two of mine as I found them to intrusive. going behind my back and discussing things with my wife.

You sound like you are in need of a cpn and it makes sense for your cmht to allocate you one. I really hope you can get a regular visit as discussing things when you are fresh out of an admission is very important and can really help prevent a relapse.

Phone your local cmht. become a pian in there ass. it makes financial sense for them to see you on a regular basis rarther than have you re-admitted to hospital.

FORZA shaky
hope you fight the good fight
Missed your entertaining posts over the past couple of months.
Andy

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Services 8