• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Programmed

G

Gredge23

Are our minds being programmed when we watch TV?

I feel they are programming our minds and messing with our emotions therefore dis regulating us.

Is that why they call them "programmes"?

I think they are trying to fool us by showing soft shows like comedy's and the likes

But are training us to kill people with shows like csi and the likes and that is the fact.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
i watch a lot of crime shows like csi and i havent murdered anyone yet so if they are trying to make us into killers it is not very effective.

G

Gredge23

Excellent point it was a thought I'm having had to get it off my chest , still believe they are programming our minds in some way I hadn't figured out yet

BillFish

BillFish

I feel they are programming our minds and messing with our emotions therefore dis regulating us.

Is that why they call them "programmes"?

I think they are trying to fool us by showing soft shows like comedy's and the likes

But are training us to kill people with shows like csi and the likes and that is the fact.
For sure, but we start getting programmed from birth, we are programmed by schooling, local culture, be it from the street or a PHD level lecture, we are constantly being fed with information. To assume you are aloof and above being being influenced, is just simply arrogant.For me personally, I am the sum total of 4 boxsets of family guy. :p

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Very much so imo.

i watch a lot of crime shows like csi and i havent murdered anyone yet so if they are trying to make us into killers it is not very effective.
I think it desensitises us to violence tho??

And programmes like Jeremy Kyle turn other people's misery into entertainment, which deadens our compassion and ability to empathise. While soap operas teach us that dysfunctional interpersonal relationships are the norm.

All the hysteria over radical Islam and terrorist threats comes mostly from the media. And programmes like UK boarder-force and benefits street are about dividing the nation and promoting hatred for one another amongst the working classes.

Also, depending on what news channel you watch will depend on how your news is reported. I used to watch/listen to a lot of news and took to flicking to different news channels for the same news over and over... Made me realise just how propaganda filled (on all sides) our news really is!!