• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Problems

G

gurl2134

So I have a really bad spending problems, and it’s gotten so out of control that my parents are thinking of taking control of my bank accounts so they can control my spending. I don’t know what to think of it, it’s upsetting me. I worry about never gaining control my spending again. What should I do?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I didn't have credit cards for a long time and now i have one and the limit is £250. I like it that way.

I use my mum's catalogue account if i want to order something on credit so she can keep an eye on what i spend.

I save in a separate bank in town so i cannot get that money easily online. It helps me to save because then i don't feel too bad about always using that £250.

When i get paid/esa, i buy all of the boring things like bin bags, foil, toilet roll, making sure i have plenty of stock in the cupboard. Spending money on those essentials leaves me very little for wasting.

M

markprosso538

It may not be a bad idea to let your parents have control of your finances for the time being.